Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Honda HR-V 2019 EX in white
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! My name is Jared. I have a 2008 Civic LX, and I'll be upgrading to a 2019 HR-V EX in white, hopefully!

Any tips or ideas for car accessories for me? I have a few in mind:

This cargo trunk holder and a seat gap filler.

I'm also thinking of getting a car trash can, because I'm sick of putting my trash in a grocery store trash bag lol.

Forgot to add on- was thinking of getting Metallic Steel/gray, but it doesn't seem to come in the EX trim. It comes in EX-L, but I don't want leather seats!

Edit 2- Does the 2019 come with remote start? Or would I have to get it added on somehow? I had it added on with my Civic. I saw some things online that there are kits you can buy to make the lock button act as a remote starter. Would this void any warranty I'm on?

·
Registered
904 Posts
  1. High wall floor mats (Weathertech, Husky, etc.)
  2. LED lamps all around (Headlights, foglight, interior, backup lights)
  3. Cargo area cover
Remote starts are not part of the standard package. They should be available through the dealer or reputable third party installer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. High wall floor mats (Weathertech, Husky, etc.)
  2. LED lamps all around (Headlights, foglight, interior, backup lights)
  3. Cargo area cover
Remote starts are not part of the standard package. They should be available through the dealer or reputable third party installer.
Hi! How would I go about getting the LED lamps? Would it be worth it? I've never had anything like this done to my cars.

Would a cargo cover be essential? It covers groceries etc, but is that all it's for?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a little Googling, and it seemed a cargo cover was a hot topic. I don't use my trunk much, and it would block tall items if I ever did use it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi! How would I go about getting the LED lamps? Would it be worth it? I've never had anything like this done to my cars.
Would a cargo cover be essential? It covers groceries etc, but is that all it's for?
There are several threads on the LED headlight conversions. Please use the search function and you'll find them. The headlights and foglight together are <$100 and make a HUGE improvement. This, like all changes, are optional. Just experience in owning the car and those who have made the change really think it is a great improvement over the stock, for minimal investment. The headlights/foglights are just a direct bulb swap that takes less than 10 minutes.

The cargo cover is also completely optional. Just a nice to have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are several threads on the LED headlight conversions. Please use the search function and you'll find them. The headlights and foglight together are <$100 and make a HUGE improvement. This, like all changes, are optional. Just experience in owning the car and those who have made the change really think it is a great improvement over the stock, for minimal investment. The headlights/foglights are just a direct bulb swap that takes less than 10 minutes.

The cargo cover is also completely optional. Just a nice to have.
Thanks so much Dammit! I'll definitely search it up, and I'll see you around the forum. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Officially signed for my HR-V today!!! 2019 EX trim. $23k after all fees, which isn't bad. And he's making me a second key fob. (It's so cool to have a push button start!)

Currently I'm in a Nissan rental car, since my Civic died on my this morning. He's getting towed away on Monday morning, but I'm getting around $900 for him which is good. Best car I've ever had.

I'm so excited! I'll be picking up my new car Wednesday at the latest!! Insurance is already set up too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! Looks nice and clean.
Thanks! I got super lucky, the guy bought this off of an auction from Honda themselves. Was a lease beforehand. Nice and clean, no scratches, literally no defects at all. I was so shocked!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts