Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the EcoHitch. Perfect fit. Installed at Spectrum Trailors in Waipahu. Ask for Jacey. She's amazing and an expert.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Nice hitch.
They make the HR-V that much better, ( I have the Curt)

I see you have a 4 bike rack, I don't think I'ld put more then 2 on the hitch.
With the car not officially built for a hitch, you end up going out on a limb once you start modifying it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I"ve been told by the dealer, the Honda shop will not install 3rd party accessories for liability reasons.

They identical HR-V made in Mexico is rated to tow in Europe, but not Canada or US

You'll need to install the hitch yourself, or go to a shop that will.
Having a hitch can not void a warranty, just tell them you use it for a bike rack, which is allowable.
How could they know if you tow with it ?

Good thread here on hitches
http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-honda-hr-v-general-discussion/4514-roof-rails-trailer-hitch-9.html

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curt hitch installed on EX-L AWD

Ordered the Curt hitch from Amazon. Arrived fast and was easy to get installed. Until trying to remount the exhaust. I could only get the outer mount reconnected. The inner one is too tight against the hitch to get it reconnected in any way I could see without possibly losing a finger. Anyone with a Curt hitch on an AWD get the exhaust fully remounted?

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
Usually a little liquid soap and a long lever is sufficient to get a rubber exhaust hanger back into place ... or am I not understanding the problem?

I hope it's not that nice rear garnish that's causing the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.