Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
If spring then I'd guess May-June after the NY Auto Show. I did notice a fantastic(to me) thing on their page. Heated seats on the cloth EX like the CRV. Love heated seats but anymore most are bunched with leather packages. Thank you Honda!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone found hard numbers for the HR-V's interior dimensions, especially driver's seat leg and head room and, hopefully, hip and shoulder room. I've looked at all the current sites and can't find anything on these numbers yet.

I have sat in a 2015 Fit and the legroom (supposedly 41.4") rules it out; it forces me to keep my accelerator leg at a severe angle that would cause my arthritic knee to lock up and pain in about 5 miles! (The Subaru XV Crosstrek (43.5") is fine.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Full HR-V Front Seat Dimensions

Google 'Vezel dimensions'. The HR-V should be very close.
Thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried that with no luck; even the most detailed entries going back to 2013 and Japan have blanks for those categories!

I don't want to drop the HR-V from consideration without hard numbers, if at all possible, but also don't want to wait months and then get bad news. Guess I'll hang in for awhile and see if Honda provides this info soon to the trade press and websites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was also hopeful about leg room in the HR-V after sitting in the Buick Encore (which most likely has the same comfortable leg room as the upcoming Chevy Trax). But, Honda just doesn't seem to cater to we taller Americans. I've sat in the new CR-V and it was not comfortable, so I highly doubt there will be more front leg room in the HR-V. It isn't so much how many inches of leg room they offer as it is how much the seat bottom adjust upward to lift your thighs. That seems to make all the difference! The U.S car makers have come around to understand this, just as the Germans have all along. But, most Japanese compact SUVs I've sat in just aren't there yet. I'm taking the HR-V off my shopping list. Not only are the seats not likely to be comfortable for tall drivers, but it will likely be a little more underpowered than even the Chevy Trax, plus I'm not too excited about the whole CVT thing either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts