Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool look at Hondas design principles.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/honda-keep-practical-design-language

"Our styling principles have been about achieving maximum space for the driver and passengers while trying to create powertrains that can sit in the minimum space," said Iwamura. "Above all, our focus is on good visibility for anyone in the car.

"Accordingly, our styling is a bit different from that of some of our rivals. Some manufacturers try to go to extremes and create sharp, dynamic styling, but our principles - which are backed by our customers - are focused on visibility and the trends according to current styles.

"That is the way Honda thinking is. We are not shifting direction up, down or sideways. Our design is accepted by our customers and we will stick to those principles."

·
Registered
109 Posts
Visibility ?....from a CR-V? Many reviews have mentioned about the enormous blind spots. (I sat in one too) A car could be designed without them, but apparently they were going more for a "look".
But they hAve put some safety features on the cars to compensate. Hate poor sight lines.....it's a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I really bemoan the shrinking greenhouse. That's one reason I like VW's design language... they haven't shrunken the glass to uselessness. If they were only more reliable and a little less money, Tiguan would be hard to resist. Subaru abandoned a similar aesthetic, as has Honda to a large extent. It appears to me the rear glass in the HR-V is significantly smaller from inside than outside, which pains me.

Visibility is maybe my biggest remaining concern about the HR-V. I just don't get how nobody thinks it's a safety concern, like nothing behind you or on your rear quarters is of any importance unless you're backing up, and for that you have a camera.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Visibility is maybe my biggest remaining concern about the HR-V. I just don't get how nobody thinks it's a safety concern, like nothing behind you or on your rear quarters is of any importance unless you're backing up, and for that you have a camera.
Visibility is a concern only of you rely only on the traditional driver tools and lines of sight. The lane watch feature with the camera on the passenger side mirror solves this for the biggest blind spot, the passenger side. I think I recall that they also are including an enhanced driver side mirror. Honestly the rear view is fairly useless for lane changes in most cars, IMHO.

·
Registered
738 Posts
it's for reasons like what dammit mentioned that i think it's important people at least experience a vehicle without all the tech, learn how to use a vehicle in its most basic form

1 - 6 of 6 Posts