Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introduced in 2015 as a 2016 Model Smaller SUV and except for some very minor tweaks and color changes and wheel trim, whats new? Time for a complete refresh or redo from Interior to Exterior. How much more sales are you going to get from a Vehicle that basically looks unchanged for going on 6 Model Years? I want to replace my MY 2017 but not for a Clone in a different color!

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
No big changes until 2022.

·
Registered
422 Posts
They are likely to roll the model over and a brand new model will be released in late 2021 as a 2022 model year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wait a few years. Hope for a body refresh, but pray harder for more HP, a useful infotainment center with better implementation of CarPlay, less boring wheel choices, stock tires with rim guard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The HR-V has been around since 2014 (as the Vezel overseas) and since the 2016 model year in the US. Since 2014, this car is essentially unchanged. We own a 2017 EX model. I just saw an article from Car and Driver showing the 2021 model. Again, no significant changes. Seems way overdue for a model refresh. Anyone know? 2022? I thought Honda had a 5-year refresh cycle, has this changed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Introduced in 2015 as a 2016 Model Smaller SUV and except for some very minor tweaks and color changes and wheel trim, whats new? Time for a complete refresh or redo from Interior to Exterior. How much more sales are you going to get from a Vehicle that basically looks unchanged for going on 6 Model Years? I want to replace my MY 2017 but not for a Clone in a different color!
It’s actually been around longer than the 2016 model year. The overseas version (the Vezel) has been around since the 2014 model year. Normally, Honda used to have a 5-year refresh, but is long overdue for the HRV.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
329 Posts
The refresh cycle isn't necessarily 5 years.

The 2nd generation Fit (aka Jazz) that I have, had a 6-7 year life span before the 3rd gen came. The first gen, in Japan was around for some 6-7 years also.

In the US, hte HR-V just had a "mid-model year" refresh (facelift) for 2019, after being around for 3 years, meaning a full cycle change would be 2021 or 2022 if you just double the years.

In Japan, the facelift was in 2018, after being around for 4 years. So, it too would have a full change in 2022 if you just double it.

As for other models... yes, some are 5 years, but even then, if you look at the history, it changes. Initially it was much longer and it was even shorter (3-4 years) at some point.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
36 Posts
The HR-V received a refresh in 2019. In the UK that meant revised headlights, bumper and grill. LED Headlights and DRL's across the range and the middle SE trim gained the rear view camera and Garmin satnav.

It also introduced the Sport trim with the 1.5 VTEC turbo (182bhp, 0-62mph/100kph 7.8 secs), twin exhausts and Sports dampers, half red leather/cloth trim! to name a few features;

Enjoy!

Regards,

HT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts