Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I requested that one of our HR-V's be customized and have the appearance package added. This is adding the sports grille, the front, sides and rear trim pieces. Thoughts?

Attachments

Reactions: itowngirl

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not a fan. I think they should have a 100% blacked out grill as the sport grill, the chrome look is too shiny for my tastes. It would be nice if the other accent pieces actually functioned as skid plates or something, but it's all just bling.....so I'll pass.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There is something about the overall design that makes the 17' wheels look they belong on a set of roller skates. Do something about that and you will have something.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I requested that one of our HR-V's be customized and have the appearance package added. This is adding the sports grille, the front, sides and rear trim pieces. Thoughts?

Hey I was standing right next to you when you took the pictures. None of me??? :D

I like the honeycombed grill....but without the chrome bar.

·
Registered
371 Posts
For the money invested in these plastic dealer options, I think the optional wheels would have more impact. Then use the stock rims for a set of winter tires or sell the stock rims.

The cars colour also may make difference. In Modern Steel these optional pieces look rich. On this Silver they look like add-ons or worse yet stick-ons. Maybe in person they look better. Not a fan of the grill treatment. A bit over the top.

·
Registered
56 Posts
don't care for any of them. Running boards might work. I would like to see how they look. I'm one for less of the shiny look instead of more. The sport grill is awful. The piece on the back is okay but I would not pay extra for it. In fact, if it was stock I would probably remove it.

I'm being harsh but that is my take on the add ons.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm having a hard time reconciling the "the design is perfect" speech from the Honda HRV design lead and the fact that Honda feels obligated to "fix" the design with gaudy plastic bits.

On the other hand, when I was 18, I drilled into the trunk of a perfectly good Toyota Celica to attach the world's ugliest rear spoiler. There's no explaining the automotive tendencies of your average adolescent male (which lasts until age 70 or so in most of us).

·
Registered
389 Posts
What does all this do to the price? That would be my only question. I don't mind the look, on the silver car, but not sure I would like it on a darker color (everyone is different).

·
Registered
56 Posts
On the other hand, when I was 18, I drilled into the trunk of a perfectly good Toyota Celica to attach the world's ugliest rear spoiler. There's no explaining the automotive tendencies of your average adolescent male (which lasts until age 70 or so in most of us).
now that is funny Scoot and really hits home. At age 17 I got my first car. Removed the front bumper, took off all the chrome, cut out the rear seat and all the supports so it was a flat surface from the trunk all the way to the back seat. My dad came out and saw what I was doing and almost shat himself. Tried to explain to Dad what a surf wagon was. He didn't get it.

Guys at school loved my car. Dad never really got over how I ruined a perfectly good car. I'm 68 and still do major mods to every ride I ever get. here's my 07 GMC Sierra getting the full Dynamat sound dampening treatment:

It is almost Prius level quiet now that it is done!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally I like the appearance package - just not on the silver car. Maybe it's the exposure and it looks better in person? I'm still split right now between red and green - but once I make that choice, I'm adding all of that as I think it compliments those colors the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I built something similar while toying around on the website. I personally thought the aesthetic options looked best on black. They just popped a little more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not yet seen one US model with the optional wheels - are they not available or people do not buy them? any photos of these on a recent purchase?

for looks i am thinking (just thinking):
fully piano-blacked the stock/standard grill
piano-blacked morrors
piano-blacked roof + spoiler
the optional rims
tint
asian market LED tail+head lights
maybe yellow-tint on fogs

on red or white hrv

;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am perfectly happy with it as it is from the factory. My tastes are simple, just want splash guards and body side molding.

The rear and side trim is ok looking, but I HATE that wide chrome on the front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I was standing right next to you when you took the pictures. None of me??? :D

I like the honeycombed grill....but without the chrome bar.
I agree- I just got my sport grille installed today and I asked if they could keep the old bar because of that, but no. The grille is apparently all one piece. I like that it matches the lower honeycomb piece, though.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I requested that one of our HR-V's be customized and have the appearance package added. This is adding the sports grille, the front, sides and rear trim pieces. Thoughts?[/QUOTE

Honestly, these add ons aren't attractive to me. The only add ons I would do are practical and appealing too like tinting the front passenger and driver windows and the moonroof to match the rears and also protect me from the sun during my long commutes. Also, I would get running boards to hide the undercarriage and also to help short or old family members hop on.

Your car, your style.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts