Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned off the radio system of my Honda HR-V sport 2019 for the first time this week. When I turn it back on, there is a message on the display asking for a code. I contacted my Honda dealer and he mentioned that codes are not used anymore in Honda infotainment systems since a few years. I brought my car to the dealership this morning. All technicians were surprised by the message asking for a code to reactivate the radio. The only option at this moment is to completely remove the unit. When I received the car, there was no radio code or stickers in the user manual. I live in Canada. I am wondering if US HR-Vs have a security code.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
For my 2019 HR-V Touring, when I finished installing my interior lights (the blue ones in the front floor wells) and reconnected the battery, the radio popped up with a screen with numbers already put in.

This screen is NOT asking for a security code, but a technician's ID code (so they know who to yell at?). And I don't need to change the code to to proceed.

What this screen is actually waiting for, is for me to go through the buttons on the steering wheel as a diagnostics check to make sure they work.

Perhaps that's the same screen you were at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holding the power button just restarts the infotainment system. The same message appears over and over again. The screen is not popping up with numbers already put in. The code is related to an anti-theft system so it looks like its actually asking for a security code. My Honda dealer tried all day to find the code without success. They ordered a new infotainment system. I never thought that it would be so difficult to reset a radio... I asked my Honda dealer to give me the code and the serial number of the new unit BEFORE reinstalling it. I'm afraid that this problem will appear again in a few years if I need to replace the car battery, for example.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
Could it be requesting the US/Canadian equivalent of the VIN as I'm aware some manufacturers pair the ICE with the VIN as a theft deterrent?

The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is unique to each vehicle and in the UK is displayed along the bottom of the windscreen (near side front) and under a plastic flap between the drivers seat and the door sill,

HTH.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
625 Posts
Does the Sport model have SAT/NAV? ^^^^
Nope.

Both the OP and I have 2019, while I have the Nav unit and that screen did not appear when I disconnected the battery.

Why is your HR-V a '20 in your signature, but '19 under your avatar?

I'm not sure where Dammit's image is from. It's not in the 2019 or 2016 owner's manual pdf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts