Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda has filed a trademark application in the U.S. for the name HR-V, a badge that will likely appear on the brand’s new sub-compact crossover.

At the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, Honda revealed the Urban SUV concept (above) announcing plans for a new utility vehicle in its lineup below the CR-V. The production version of that car is already on sale in other markets where it’s known as the Vezel.

Overseas a 1.5-liter 4-cylinder as well as hybrid model are available, using Honda’s new 7-speed dual clutch transmission. Honda recently unveiled a new lineup of turbocharged VTEC engines, with a 1.5-liter version likely to be at least one of the engine options for the HR-V in North America.

The HR-V badge isn’t entirely new to Honda either. A tiny crossover by that name was sold in Europe and Japan from 1999 to 2006.

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's about time that they did this.
Can't imagine them using a different name. Not sure what else they would use.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Does HR-V actually stand for something? "something-something-vehicle" I am guessing. Or is that just part of their nomenclature?

·
Registered
741 Posts
good to know, to me it does seem like the new hrv isn't one that stays true to what the original name was about, but maybe i'm wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts