Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Honda HR-V’s arrive at dealers starting this month with sale date reports from various Honda dealers quoted below for confirmation.

Along with seeing them in dealers and signing off on one, HR-V “introduction events” are taking place. If you put down a deposit, chances are you’ll get to attend, ask your dealer! More below.

While we wait for Honda to launch the official HR-V configurator and website, you’ll find various topics link below that are just as informative relating to: trim levels, specifications, colors, accessories & more!

HR-V's Go On Sale May 15 (U.S.)

By the way if anyone has not heard the HR-V sale date has been set for May 15th (according to Honda management).
Just got an e-mail, from Bell Honda in Phoenix.

"Hello, it's Robert from Bell Honda. Sorry for not getting back sooner I had to verify an arrival date. It looks like we have 3 in transit and should be here within the next 7 days! I will definitely let you know the second we get them.

Thanks for your patience and Have a Good Day!"

Sounds like it could be as soon as the 16th.....if not sooner. :)
I just got confirmation from a second deal R here that they will get a white, EXL, AWD late this month. AND, it has my name on it! Placing the deposit on Saturday morning!

HR-V Introduction Event - Ask Your Dealer!

My local Honda dealership called me this afternoon to let me know they have scheduled their first training session in 2 weeks. He also indicates those who have put down a deposit are welcome to attend. I didn't have to put a deposit down due to my numerous transactions over the years, but he told me to stop by for it.

Cannot wait! :)

Hopefully others will be hearing the same if you have put a deposit down already. If so, report back here and let us know.
Wow .....what a day! Ended actually experiencing part of the training session that took place around the car. Also had a lot of time alone so I could really explore the car.

Did a lot of checking on things you asked about, and more.

Kudos to Daniela of Showcase Honda in Phoenix. She was so gracious about me spending 3 plus hours there. She gave me an HR-V Sales Training Guide with a lot of information. Cool.

The car was a black EX-L. That color doesn't photograph well but Frankie the Honda Rep honored my request to move it outside for "beauty shots". She was also very nice.....I thought she might not appreciate a non-dealer person hanging around but she was great.

Pictures later......now on to info.....

One of the most startling things was ground clearance. One of the trainees must have asked about it, because Frankie used my tape measure and went under the car. She discovered what I later confirmed in the Training Guide.

The AWD has a LOWER ground clearance than the 2WD!!
Guide states......2WD is 6.7" and AWD is 4.7. No, I did not read that wrong.
Both are actually the same height, but the AWD drive has rear wheel suspension bits that hang down lower than the 2WD.

And another interesting tidbit.....Cargo volume is also slightly higher in the 2WD which is 24.3 cu ft seats up and 58.8 cu ft seats down. AWD is 23.2/ 57.2

Sound insulation:
Asked Frankie about if the LX will have the same insulation as the EX . She believes it will.

Price:
Still a secret.....but gave the same story we have been hearing ....20,000 to 26,000.

Short answers:
Lumbar support....No

Power outlet in trunk....No

Cargo cover.......wasn't one present, but thin groves on each side suggest the thin foldup ones we have been seeing in videos from other markets.

To be continued.......

For more on Bicepeak's experience, Click Here
Just got an update from a dealership in my area (Northern California). They are going to have a "introduction event" for the salesmen and invited interested customers sometime soon with the cars arriving on their lot in mid-May. He said he would let me know when the event was occurring and hopefully I can attend.
I'm going to stop by my central Indiana dealer on Monday to see one. That is their training day.
My dealer's training day is this coming Thursday.

HR-V's Launches Across Canada on July 10

the all-new 2016 Honda HR-V is set to challenge the growing subcompact SUV market when it hits Honda dealerships across Canada on July 10

(I was really hoping it would be June) :crying:
http://www.hondanews.ca/en/honda/pr...-of-Energy-to-Growing-Subcompact-SUV-Market--
Well, who knows, we just might see it early... my dealer thinks so.

I'd really like to see an official colour list for Canada... I'm worried that might be the one place we get less than the US folks.

HR-V Trim Levels, Specifications & Features

News Release: 2016 Honda HR-V Specifications & Features

Gotta go with what is best for you. From the feedback here so far, looks about 90% of the people are opting for the EX. I myself find it definitely worth it, if for nothing else the safety features alone.

EX additions
  • 7-inch touchscreen Display Audio connectivity interface
  • Honda LaneWatch Display
  • 180-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD
  • Pandora radio compatible
  • Heated front seats
  • One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
  • Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
  • Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
  • Auto-on/off headlights
  • Fog lights
  • Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
  • Second USB jack
  • SMS Text Message functionality
  • Automatic climate control system with air filtration
  • Rear privacy glass
  • Variable intermittent wipers
  • Lighted vanity mirrors
  • Chrome interior door handles, speaker rings and air vent trims

2016 Honda HR-V Accessories

You can now view the available accessories and installation instructions on our web site. Photos and descriptions will be coming later.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/category/2016-hrv-accessories.html
HR-V accessories have started to arrive to our store. We have at least a half dozen part numbers now available with more arriving each day.

What Color Will Your HRV Be?

Recall months and months ago a poll on color selection, but figure it would be helpful to have an updated one. I imagine many might have not wanted to wait and went with something else or with the newer information, selection may have changed. In addition, some potential buyers are now waiting and just looking while the serious buyers are ready to take delivery.

We now have 54 votes, and Modern Steel is in the lead with 25% of the votes.
I had chosen a white FWD EX Manual with gray interior because the official honda hrv website showed that gray is an interior option with White. Just emailed my dealer with those specs and this is what I got back:
"Honda is only making the EX manual in Green, Gray, Black and White. And the only interior color option is black." UGH! This was my issue with the FIT (amongst others) that it only came in black interior. I have a blonde, super shedding dog which looks terrible with black interior :( but i love the HRV because you could get a manual, unlike the CRV...now what? :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was glad to finally see pricing show up although just about all of us were expecting it to be either right under or at the $20k mark. Should see a lot of these taking over the streets within the 1st and 2nd quarter that it's initially available in.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Thanks for the summary, HRVAdmin. Any chance you have the inside scoop on colour selection in Canada? That's my biggest outstanding question, short of seeing and driving the thing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know from my dealer in Québec that the red milano is only offer with the Exl navi so sad I want that color for my EX so it will be white

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'd still say its possible, just that we may not see it being available right away. 6months-1year down the road at best.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Great information.

Finally available in the U.S., but limited supply. :(

2016 Honda HR-V’s arrive at dealers starting this month with sale date reports from various Honda dealers quoted below for confirmation.

Along with seeing them in dealers and signing off on one, HR-V “introduction events” are taking place. If you put down a deposit, chances are you’ll get to attend, ask your dealer! More below.

While we wait for Honda to launch the official HR-V configurator and website, you’ll find various topics link below that are just as informative relating to: trim levels, specifications, colors, accessories & more!

HR-V's Go On Sale May 15 (U.S.)

HR-V Introduction Event - Ask Your Dealer!

HR-V's Launches Across Canada on July 10

HR-V Trim Levels, Specifications & Features

News Release: 2016 Honda HR-V Specifications & Features

2016 Honda HR-V Accessories

What Color Will Your HRV Be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I won't be back in the U.S. until July and am afraid by that time there will be slim pickings from the initial shipments. Does anyone know if things should pick up in the summer with subsequent shipments?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Hard to tell however so far things are on a 7 day supply with strong demand and great reviews. ;)

I won't be back in the U.S. until July and am afraid by that time there will be slim pickings from the initial shipments. Does anyone know if things should pick up in the summer with subsequent shipments?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Could you run down to the newsstand and pick up a copy of Rosd & Track?

I'd like to see a scan of that giant fold-out HR-V print ad Honda's running. It could be cool.

Remember: Road & Track. No Flynt publications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HRV EX-L features US vs Canada

Anyone know why the HRV in Canada has more safety tech (lane guidance, collision avoidance system...) than the US version? Heck I believe the Canadian ones also have a rear seat center armrest and a power port in the cargo area. Did they just half-ass the US version to get it out early?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Anyone know why the HRV in Canada has more safety tech (lane guidance, collision avoidance system...) than the US version? Heck I believe the Canadian ones also have a rear seat center armrest and a power port in the cargo area. Did they just half-ass the US version to get it out early?
It's just typical penny-pinching on the part of Tokyo HQ to keep the HR-V in a certain price range. This from a couple Honda marketing folks at the "It's Just Right" national HR-V tour.
http://automobiles.honda.com/events-and-sponsorships/hr-v-walkaround-tour.aspx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Honest Hondude I'm not trying to disturb anything this time. The Canadian HRV has windshield wiper warmers. These are the electric heater elements usually found on the rear window. Are these standard equipment for all N.A. production?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Honest Hondude I'm not trying to disturb anything this time. The Canadian HRV has windshield wiper warmers. These are the electric heater elements usually found on the rear window. Are these standard equipment for all N.A. production?
Colin, I have absolutely no idea. I can peruse the manual as I believe it's the same for both countries. Of course I would NOT be surprised if it was only on the Canadian HR-Vs. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts