Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how many volts the Honda HR-V uses?

I am looking for a jump starter in case of battery dead

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I have never trusted Honda batteries, after owning about six Hondas...../ they last a couple years and then go south for me. I always carry this , it works very well and starts everything up to a 6.2 L V8. Also does great double duty as a power source during hurricanes if you're in Florida For charging devices...... you can also jump start after 10 minutes using the PowerPort inside the car, no need to go inside the hood or anything else. A nice feature when you've got a jumpstart a car in the rain or snow.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU1CPOE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Tappo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you had issues with the battery? I got my 2017 HRV 4 days ago and had to replace the battery today. I am not very worried this is going to be an ongoing issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As I know, 12V charger will fit perfectly. Here's a review of three variants that surely will be a good choice (I used the first one from the list but for another car) but I truly doubt that you will ever need it for your HRV.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
312 Posts
I bought a batteryless jump starter. The reason being that I usually just chuck whatever into the trunk and forget about it until I need it. And a jump starter that requires battery would surely be dead by then. Unfortunately, a batteryless jumper relies on 'some' charge remaining in the car's battery being there, even if it isn't enough to start a car normally.

I also have jumper cables and had a plug-in jumper/charger/tender. But the plug-in unit seems to have died as it wasn't able to jump start my Fit after my Fit sat for a month. I had to connect the Fit to the HR-V to jump it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have never trusted Honda batteries, after owning about six Hondas...../ they last a couple years and then go south for me. I always carry this , it works very well and starts everything up to a 6.2 L V8. Also does great double duty as a power source during hurricanes if you're in Florida For charging devices...... you can also jump start after 10 minutes using the PowerPort inside the car, no need to go inside the hood or anything else. A nice feature when you've got a jumpstart a car in the rain or snow.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MU1CPOE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hello Glen e. I went to the link you provided above and its not working anymore. Could you please give me the make and model number of the charger you bought? Im having problems with my HRV battery and would like something to keep in the car that's reliable. I appreciate your help and time. Skyler

·
Premium Member
580 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply! I just had the battery die on me, door not closed properly? Since I just got the car my sales guy at Honda came to my house and jumped it for us. He used the Noco Boost XL GB50, started right up. He said they use it a lot and have had it for several years. Soooo I just ordered one of those to keep in the car. Pretty pricey @ $149.99 but now I will have peace of mind. However I will keep the Tacklife T8 in mind for the future. Thanks again, I appreciate your time and help. Have a great day...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts