Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have driven the Fit and the CRV with LaneWatch and it is a fabulous option. Also nice on your EX :

Heated seats
Smart entry
Auto headlights
Auto climate control
Privacy glass
Heated Mirrors with indicators
Variable intermittent wipers
And lots more.....

That's a lot of great stuff for $2,000. The EX really could be the sweet spot in the lineup. I just have to have leather.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, first time I drove a car with it, I thought amazing. Here is all the extras you get on the EX that are not available on the LX:

7-inch touchscreen Display Audio connectivity interface
Honda LaneWatch Display
180-watt, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD
Pandora radio compatible
Heated front seats
One-touch power moonroof with tilt feature
Smart Entry and Push-Button Start
Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (CVT only)
Auto-on/off headlights
Fog lights
Multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
Second USB jack
SMS Text Message functionality
Automatic climate control system with air filtration
Rear privacy glass
Heated body-colored side mirrors with turn indicators
Lighted vanity mirrors
Chrome interior door handles, speaker rings and air vent trims

I have driven the Fit and the CRV with LaneWatch and it is a fabulous option. Also nice on your EX :

Heated seats
Smart entry
Auto headlights
Auto climate control
Privacy glass
And lots more.....

That's a lot of great stuff for $2,000. The EX really could be the sweet spot in the lineup. I just have to have leather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First post here. I have been looking at the LX but some of these features are pushing me towards the EX except, I do NOT want a moonroof!!!! Do you guys know if there is an EX option without moonroof or is it standard for that trim?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Exactly how does this work? Can one override it manually?
Set your desired temperature and forget it. The fan will run higher until it reaches the set temperature then slows down and keeps it there. Yes, you can raise or lower the target temperature and override the fan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First post here. I have been looking at the LX but some of these features are pushing me towards the EX except, I do NOT want a moonroof!!!! Do you guys know if there is an EX option without moonroof or is it standard for that trim?
I'm with you . My balding head can't tolerate constant sunburn. I would also prefer the extra headroom. However, it appears that the LX is the only model that comes without the moonroof.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
It's standard.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No sunburns...

I'm with you . My balding head can't tolerate constant sunburn. I would also prefer the extra headroom. However, it appears that the LX is the only model that comes without the moonroof.
it will have a sliding cover that matches your roof upholstery, most likely, so you only retract it when you want to. It might be a nice resale feature.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Tint the sunroof dark to protect your head and seats.

We had our daughters EX Fit sunroof tinted with ceramic 18%, along with the 3" sun strip on the front windshield. Since she did not want a dark tint job, we did the side and rear windows in 55%. Many people forget to tint the sunroof, thinking the dark glass dye will protect them and their interior from the harmful rays of the sun, it doesn't.

Also, it is a waste of money for any tint, if you drive with your drivers window down. Many long distance drivers discovered this the hard way, on both their face and left arm.

Protect your skin and car interior, with tint on your sunroof...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love this feature. The best is in the winter time or summer when you first get in your car and it is beginning to heat or cool the fan won't start until The engine warms up. This way you're not blowing hot or cold air until the temperature is right.

Set your desired temperature and forget it. The fan will run higher until it reaches the set temperature then slows down and keeps it there. Yes, you can raise or lower the target temperature and override the fan.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Heated seats
Smart entry
Auto headlights
Auto climate control
Privacy glass
And lots more.....

Just curious- how does the lane watch work at night? Is the glare of headlights reduced so you don't have just a big white screen shining at you when you turn your turn signal on?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have only driven my daughter Civic (with the Lane watch feature) a few times and very few times at night. I don't recall it being an issue, and if it had beeen I certainly would have noticed.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
None what so ever.

Given the design of these vehicles now I am surprised other manufacturers don't offer something similar.

I have only driven my daughter Civic (with the Lane watch feature) a few times and very few times at night. I don't recall it being an issue, and if it had beeen I certainly would have noticed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
None what so ever.

Given the design of these vehicles now I am surprised other manufacturers don't offer something similar.

Mazda has blind spot radar on both sides of the 2015 Mazda3 and other vehicles.

The rear view camera on the Fit (and HR-V) is one of the best I've seen: straight ahead, wide-angle, and down-view options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm curious, why didn't they put this camera feature on the driver's side as well? I love blind spot monitoring and changing lanes to the left creates just as much of a blind spot as moving to the right.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm curious, why didn't they put this camera feature on the driver's side as well? I love blind spot monitoring and changing lanes to the left creates just as much of a blind spot as moving to the right.
TFL car said they did it only on right because your head is turning right anyway to look at the mirror, and then you can check the display in the center. If you're looking to the left (like you should), then you would also have to look to the right at the same time. A properly adjusted mirror should also minimize the blind spot on the left.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That makes sense. I drove a Buick Encore and loved the little lights in the mirror which indicated a vehicle in your blind spot. If you put your signal on it would make an audible sound as well. This is such an awesome safety feature that I'd be surprised if it isn't standard within a few years on all vehicles (much like back up cameras will soon be).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts