Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’ve search everywhere on the internet and i still cannot figure out how to remove the interior grip handle or the metal clip thats holding it in place, so any help like pictures or videos would greatly be appreciated!!

P.S Sorry im new here and I’ve search everywhere on this forum and the internet but if the post already existed forgive me.
2B7708FE-80DC-44A8-BA83-0BD0BA870F55.jpeg

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am with you- I tried and tried, finally gave up because I thought I would destroy the headliner. I even followed someone's instructions, but it would not come off, even with a lot of force.
I am attaching the instructions I have- if they work for you- let me know how you accomplished

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am with you- I tried and tried, finally gave up because I thought I would destroy the headliner. I even followed someone's instructions, but it would not come off, even with a lot of force.
I am attaching the instructions I have- if they work for you- let me know how you accomplished
First thank you for trying to help, the instruction were for the tabs which i did pull out and the pictures i believe is showing the CRV which is wayyy easier to pull out and they got a video on youtube but HRV is different i just can’t figure out how to release the medal clip so i can pull the handle grips out but again thank you for trying to help!

·
Registered
116 Posts
From the picture you can see there four visible bits of metal.

I tested this up to a point in my HR-V... if you pinch the two smaller bits together, you can move the larger C shaped parts inwards.

I gave up at that point since I didn't really need to do this in the first place. I had already messed up the plastic cover. :(

Continuing on... I assume from there, you should be able to move the C shaped part off the plastic to release it.

~~~~~

Then again, if it's like the CR-V, it might be possible that the two smaller ones are basically what hold onto the frame... so, try pushing one of them as far as possible and see if that side budges, if it does, keep tugging on that side while doing the same thing to the other piece.

I found this thread before I posted, but didn't read far enough...

Fitted mine the other week, once you have removed the plastic caps just pinch the metal tabs together with long nosed pliers and the handle just pulls off.

I have to order another one now as my wife got upset there wasn't one on the passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts