Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As the greenest automaker in the country.

. On average, any new car you buy in the US today will be 43 percent cleaner than any average new car in 1998. Here's some more good news, for Korea anyway, Hyundai-Kia has been named the cleanest automaker in the latest study by the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS), which looked at 2013 model year vehicles sold between October 2012 and September 2013 from the top eight automakers (by volume). The bad news? The big three Detroit automakers are, on average, still making the dirtiest cars in the showroom.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think this is a great title to have. Its no wonder the Americans are in last though. The most popular vehicles in America are big trucks and basically only the Americans make them. Its also important as regulations tighten up and automakers have to make sure their fleet average MPG is at a certain level.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I hear Toyota is going to release it's first hydrogen vehicle in 2015 which should shoot them to the top, easily.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I mean it doesn't even tell us how they compiled the data in order to make this ranking, so its hard to tell exactly what needs to be done to improve. The hydrogen fuel cell vehicle will be low/no emissions but I don't think that many people at all are going to be buying them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I mean it doesn't even tell us how they compiled the data in order to make this ranking, so its hard to tell exactly what needs to be done to improve. The hydrogen fuel cell vehicle will be low/no emissions but I don't think that many people at all are going to be buying them.
How come you think not many people will buy from them, is that because of how much it could sell for or what?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think the main challenge is that there is no infrastructure for it. I think its going to be like hd-dvds. It works but it is going to lose the battle to plug-in cars since they already have a head start.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I see what you mean, we'll see how hydrogen vehicles sell, Toyota is definitely coming out with theirs next year and is very optimistic about it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts