Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled into my Honda Dealership today to have a look over the new 2023 HRV. Wife & I looked all over and inside 2 different models on the showroom floor, we were there a good 15 mins and not one salesman came near us.
As we were walking out my wife asked one person at the Service desk if there were any salesmen around, he said there should be someone down there, my wife said the guy was too busy on a phone call and had his feet up on the desk and couldn't even take the time to acknowledge that we were even there.
She told him not to bother disturbing the guy, we are leaving anyway, and we walked out. Is it any wonder Honda sales are on the slippery slope in Australia.

Registered
Pulled into my Honda Dealership today to have a look over the new 2023 HRV. Wife & I looked all over and inside 2 different models on the showroom floor, we were there a good 15 mins and not one salesman came near us.
As we were walking out my wife asked one person at the Service desk if there were any salesmen around, he said there should be someone down there, my wife said the guy was too busy on a phone call and had his feet up on the desk and couldn't even take the time to acknowledge that we were even there.
She told him not to bother disturbing the guy, we are leaving anyway, and we walked out. Is it any wonder Honda sales are on the slippery slope in Australia.
I my self would be glad. I hate when you look around and have salespeople gathering around you.. I like looking by myself and then if I see something I like I will get someone to help me...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
As a Sales Rep, I can say that its not the company so much as it is the person. Lazy people exist in all positions and titles.
I had a CEO & Ops Mgr who were a pair of lazy SOB's.
Guess what, I saw them both out the door.

Registered
Honda dealerships are filled with scams. Someone should have immediately recognized you and apologized for the delay and handed you a business card, again apologized for the delay. Move on to another dealership.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone should have immediately recognized you and apologized for the delay and handed you a business card, again apologized for the delay. Move on to another dealership.
That's in the perfect world Geno, as we know the real world is a whole lot different.
I was talking to mate last weekend, he was telling all the young guys these days do their required task and as soon as it is started or finished they are on their cell phones. Nobody thinks or plans ahead or outside their immediate space.

Registered
That's in the perfect world Geno, as we know the real world is a whole lot different.
I was talking to mate last weekend, he was telling all the young guys these days do their required task and as soon as it is started or finished they are on their cell phones. Nobody thinks or plans ahead or outside their immediate space.
I hear you. In 2016 we shopped 4-5 Honda dealerships, no test rides available, no bicker/dickering- it was $ticket price and most places add on cost for BS charges. Finally we went to a dealership about 10mi from us looking for a Mulberry Metalic EX-L and found it. Cool young salesman wanted to make the deal for some end of the month bonus and a 3 day trip to Bermuda. He said if we did the deal today he would take $700 off sticker and no hidden cost/charges- deal done, picked up the next day. Theee months later we went back to him and bought a 2016 LX for my mother in law- $500 off, no hidden $$ charges. He told me the Bermuda trip was great-haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EV's will change this.
This past Christmas brought a wholeraft of problems for EV owners traveling around Australia. Charging stations were overflowing, patience ran out with a lot of drivers, so fights ensued when people started queue jumping.

Got this from a friend in an email the other day, I haven't verified any of the details within yet.

Tesla Model 3 Battery Pack $21,000:

That鈥檚 The 鈥Cheap鈥 Tesla Model!
Trousers Engineering Audio equipment Event Dress shirt

NOW READ THE NEXT SENTENCE

SLOWLY AND MORE THAN ONCE,

SO, IT SINKS IN WELL AND TRULY!

In order to match the 2,000 cars that a typical filling station can service in a busy 12 hours, an EV charging station would require 600, 50-watt chargers at an estimated cost of $24 million, plus a supply of 30 megawatts of power from the grid.

That is enough to power 20,000 homes!

No one likely thinks about the fact that it can take 30 minutes to 8 hours to recharge a vehicle between empty or just topping off.

What are you and (or) your passengers doing during that time?

ICSC-Canada board member New Zealand-based consulting engineer Bryan Leyland describes why installing electric car charging stations in a city is impractical:

If you鈥檝e got cars coming into a petrol station, they would stay for an average of five minutes.

If you鈥檝e got cars coming into an electric charging station, they would be at least 30 minutes, possibly an hour, but let鈥檚 say it鈥檚 just 30 minutes.

So that鈥檚 six times the surface area to park the cars while they鈥檙e being charged.

So, multiply every petrol station in a city by six.

Where are you going to find the place to put them?鈥

Used Car Market
The average used EV will need a new battery before an owner can sell it, pricing them well above used internal combustion cars.

The average age of an American car on the road is 12 years.

A 12-year-old EV will be on its third battery.

A Tesla battery typically costs $10,000 so there will not be many 12-year-old EVs on the road. Oh, and don鈥檛 forget the additional $2,500 labour cost to remove old battery and re-fit the new one!

Good luck trying to sell your used 鈥green fairy tale鈥 electric car!

Also Bear in Mind Running Costs:

Thinking of recharging at home?
Add another $13,000 - $16,000 plus cost of Solar Panels!

Ah! Recharge Along the Way, Eh? Add another $34-35 every time (currently). Can鈥檛 guarantee immediate connection on arrival, assuming you make it in time.

Here are a couple of cartoons doing the rounds.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Plant community Ecoregion Motor vehicle Nature Automotive tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts