Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just guessing - but I think it's more like 3-6 months before you see some deals. First thing you need to see are HR-V's sitting in the lot. Until that happens, they will plan to make the most money possible out of it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Probably not until other 2016 models hit the lots. There's tons of Memorial Day Sales being advertised on the TV in my area at Honda and the sales/good rates are all on 2015 Pilot (new model in 2016), 2015 Odyssey (no one drives vans in this area), 2015 Accord and 2015 Civic. If the Fit and CRV are any indication those two never go on sale in my area and certainly never a future model year until we're actually in the calendar of the given model, ie 2016 model in 2016.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Did know if you are serious, but use this as a guide.

Of all the 2015 Hondas, all have had special financing besides the CRV and Fit.

Special financing is used SOLELY to help move cars instead of rebates. I would see the HRV to be in the same situation of the Fit and CRV for years to come.

Meaning, like it buy it. But discounts and incentives, maybe in about 5 years if that. ;)

I bought my HRV but I am not taking delivery until the end of June. Do you think Honda will have some special financing available by then.

Low interest etc.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Typically there are no deals offered for the Fit because the markup is only about $500. If you believe the car dealers. Hearing the same about the HR-V, but let's wait until the Mazda rival appears and more HR-Vs fill lots.

·
Registered
53 Posts
6.9? What the...

I just got 3.4% on mine. They're offering 0.9% on other new purchases. I'll have a monthly of approx $329 after trade in and some cash down.

I also have a credit score just shy of 800 though. :-/
3.4% isn't good either. Especially if you have such a good credit rating. My credit union offers 2.99%. Now 1.9% would be good from Honda, but I doubt we see a break for a while. My wife wants a Volvo XC60. Their lease was $490 and the HRV lease I was quoted (near 30k sticker) was $430. Makes it hard to buy/lease when you compare.

·
Registered
66 Posts
3.4% isn't good either. Especially if you have such a good credit rating. My credit union offers 2.99%. Now 1.9% would be good from Honda, but I doubt we see a break for a while. My wife wants a Volvo XC60. Their lease was $490 and the HRV lease I was quoted (near 30k sticker) was $430. Makes it hard to buy/lease when you compare.
well, problem is that there isn't any promotional financing for the car. I'll likely be paying the car off this year anyway, so the total financing interest cost on the car will have been about $418. But you're right, it isn't as good as I could probably have gotten. I made up for it by getting $1400 for my POS car that was probably not remotely worth that much since it was hardly functional.

·
Registered
371 Posts
6.9? What the...

I just got 3.4% on mine. They're offering 0.9% on other new purchases. I'll have a monthly of approx $329 after trade in and some cash down.

I also have a credit score just shy of 800 though. :-/
Current Honda interest rates in Canada are 1.99% for the Fit and 0.99% for the CRV. HRV has not been released yet. We have the HRV pricing set but not the lease/buy rates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do dealers give rebates if you purchase a car with cash? I'm currently leasing a Civic in Canada and the lease is up in April of 2016. Leasing is no longer the best option for me as we don't drive as many kms as before. So now I think ownership is the best option - and wondering if I can save cash if I pay cash.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I can afford to pay cash so my question is: can I save money by saying upfront that I can pay cash...or keeping that in my hip pocket and letting them think I will finance 4-5 yrs until I am ready to sign? Or...does t matter? I would be buying an EX-L.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I can afford to pay cash so my question is: can I save money by saying upfront that I can pay cash...or keeping that in my hip pocket and letting them think I will finance 4-5 yrs until I am ready to sign? Or...does t matter? I would be buying an EX-L.
It appears right now there are no cash discounts. For me paying cash or leasing depends on Honda's rates. If investment returns are better then I'll finance with Honda's cheaper money money.

Leasing really isn't an option for higher mileage drivers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It appears right now there are no cash discounts. For me paying cash or leasing depends on Honda's rates. If investment returns are better then I'll finance with Honda's cheaper money money.

Leasing really isn't an option for higher mileage drivers.
I've actually never heard of a 'cash discount'....I think dealers make some $$ off of financing or are probably instructed to push the financing since it helps the Honda Corp bottom line. I was just wondering from a negotiation standpoint, if it was possibly an option.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've actually never heard of a 'cash discount'....I think dealers make some $$ off of financing or are probably instructed to push the financing since it helps the Honda Corp bottom line. I was just wondering from a negotiation standpoint, if it was possibly an option.
In Canada it is very common. Just checked the Honda website and the cash discount on a CRV is about 5%.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.