Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front grill opening appears to be inspired by the Ford Fiesta. :)

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow

Source: Honda

·
Registered
767 Posts
This is way too sexy for what the production will look like.
- why does it look like an older Jaguar SUV to me ?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
853 Posts
It's possible the person that did the render just "forgot" about the hidden handle.
There is another thread on here about the NA next gen HR-V and it shows it with shock horror non hidden rear passenger door handles.

The model in that thread looks very similar to the Chinese market U-RV:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I meant to add, the one major downside to having a hidden door pull rather than a visible door handle, is I have numerous scratches on the plastic pull. I also have numerous scratches on the fabric surrounding the front inner door pulls so it is possible that the previous owners of my vehicle were Mr & Mrs Kreuger and family......

Face Hat Beard Cap Glove

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
then the NA version is clearly not on the same platform - interesting.
Making NA-specific versions of models like the Odyssey seems counterproductive to Honda's goal of minimizing model variants.

I'm reading that the second generation HR-V will be based on a Civic platform instead of a Fit platform.

My biggest beef with the first generation HR-V is how relatively underpowered it is. I never expected it to get the 1.5L turbo, but either the 2.0L from the Civic or the 1.0L turbo used in other markets would have been nice.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I meant to add, the one major downside to having a hidden door pull rather than a visible door handle, is I have numerous scratches on the plastic pull. I also have numerous scratches on the fabric surrounding the front inner door pulls so it is possible that the previous owners of my vehicle were Mr & Mrs Kreuger and family......

View attachment 33262
My mother in law's wedding ring is the major culprit of those scratched on the exterior handle - i can hear it everytime.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Making NA-specific versions of models like the Odyssey seems counterproductive to Honda's goal of minimizing model variants.

I'm reading that the second generation HR-V will be based on a Civic platform instead of a Fit platform.

My biggest beef with the first generation HR-V is how relatively underpowered it is. I never expected it to get the 1.5L turbo, but either the 2.0L from the Civic or the 1.0L turbo used in other markets would have been nice.
The HR-V currently sold in the US is actually the 2nd Gen, Honda sold the MkI HR-V in the rest of the world from 1999-2006, initially as a 3dr, then 5dr in both FWD and AWD. In Europe the Nissan Quashqai (Rogue?) is seen as the vehicle that started the SUV trend in around 2007, but credit should actually be given to the MkI HR-V. It was even sold with a factory supplied shower attachment. It was sold under the tagline of 'Joy Machine'!

The 1.5 Turbo HR-V sold in the UK until 2021 will do 0.62mph in 7.8 seconds compared to the Civic 1.0 turbos 10.8 and 8.2 seconds for the 1.5 turbo. I cannot give a 2.0 0.62mph time as they stopped selling them in Europe a few years ago. The days of performance vehicles, at least in Europe, are going the way of the dodo. The EU will introduce fines for manufacturers who fail to adhere to their fuel economy and CO2 levels.

At the moment it would seem the US is managing to avoid this, but it is possibly only a matter of time before it starts to gain momentum over there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts