Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

Registered
I have a 2019 Ex and I love it (mostly). My next car will be an EV and sadly Honda seems to be falling behind. I think most people don't or aren't aware of what's coming for Vehicles in the next 5 or so yrs.(maybe less). There are going to be major manufacturers going out of business (IMO).

Registered
So, question for our moderators and I guess everyone as well. Does it make sense to have the new 2023s in this forum, or should we start one specifically for that generation HRV? Hmmm....

Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
The MkI HR-V (1999-2006) wasn't sold in NA, so I think referring to the NA next gen model as MkIII/Gen3 may cause some confusion.

Happy to be corrected, but I believe only the NA market is getting a standalone HR-V to the Rest Of the World, so how about; MkIII ROW and MkII NA? Or use Gen in place of Mk.

There has been a fair bit of delay in delivering the MkIII ROW (see what I did there!) in the UK. From the manking I've read online, it would appear the delay is more to do with colour choice than trim as certain colours appear to being delivered ahead of others. First impressions appear to be good, especially when it comes to fuel economy, road holding and fit and finish. Major gripes are in relation to niceties; Honda charge 拢900 for tinted windows, more sound proofing would not go amiss, bottom trim has plastic gear knob (stop sniggering at the back!) and steering wheel which is just ridiculous on a near 拢27k vehicle.

Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
The MkI HR-V (1999-2006) wasn't sold in NA, so I think referring to the NA next gen model as MkIII/Gen3 may cause some confusion.

Happy to be corrected, but I believe only the NA market is getting a standalone HR-V to the Rest Of the World, so how about; MkIII ROW and MkII NA? Or use Gen in place of Mk.
Calling them different MK/Gen numbers is also just likely to cause confusion.

But usually, MK/Gen is independent of market, so it's also likely more "correct" to call it Gen 3 in NA. Even if it wasn't available in NA, it doesn't change the fact that a 1st gen HR-V exists as far as Honda is concerned.

Registered
True, I only suggested the above as I had seen several posts referring to the current vehicle as the MkI and the new HR-V as the MkII.

You could use Manufacturer Model Designators: the Gen1 is known as GH, the current HR-V is RU, with the ROW Gen3 HR-V as RV. It would appear an MMD has not yet either been assigned or released for the NA variant.

Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
True, I only suggested the above as I had seen several posts referring to the current vehicle as the MkI and the new HR-V as the MkII.

You could use Manufacturer Model Designators: the Gen1 is known as GH, the current HR-V is RU, with the ROW Gen3 HR-V as RV. It would appear an MMD has not yet either been assigned or released for the NA variant.
Coming from the FitFreak forums, I'm used to it and I like it. But unfortunately, that's just as much of a concern as there were a lot of folks that had no idea what the manufacture codes were, even though it was part of their VIN.

If that is implemented, using an additional alphanumeric would help with Ein's question of differentiating between EU and NA. I believe the digit after the RU, in my case, a 6, indicates the variant market.

But again, that requires folks to know...

Registered
It is really only an issue when you have Johnny Foreigners like myself on your forum. Even though my (RU1) HR-V was produced in the same factory as NA HR-V's most of the posts on here are (quite rightly) irrelevant to me as the engine (1.5 petrol) (and possibly) transmission, AWD system (not available in UK), some of the electronics, servicing (12 mths/12.5k miles) and warranty (90k miles/3 years) are unique and peculiar to the NA market.

It has been an education discovering how the NA market operates!

UK information contained within '( )'.

Registered
Honda is basing it off the new civic platform which was turned into an angled brick the size of the accord, but ugly. A friend at the dealer thinks they are making it larger so it will be involved in more dealer related repair services, the new civic is involved in a shot ton of body and paint repair already. Which is an area of growth for them right now as new cars are slim.

Registered
The renderings make it seem like it will be a better looking car. If they don't also make it bigger and more powerful, I won't be buying another.
I like the look of it..... But would not purchase one in the first year of a new model....I let others work out the new platform bugs out the first year....but will be looking at one in a few years..

Registered
Honda are releasing a new model in Europe that is to sit between the HR-V and CRV in their model lineup. The renderings look very similar to what has been hinted on here to be the new NA HR-V.

It's not unusual for NA to get bigger versions of European vehicles; the European Tiguan is smaller than the NA model - the NA version is sold in Europe as the Tiguan XL.

You may find this of interest;

21 - 40 of 76 Posts