Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
I think the designer likes whale sharks
Water Vertebrate Fluid Underwater Organism

If you ever hear of people or pets going missing in your local area I know the first place I'd be looking!

On a more serious note, when my HR-V was hit in the front by a large piece of wood to the front it was the large solid grille that prevented serious and expensive damage to items within the engine bay.

With this design, there is no such protection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
More Questions than Answers:

'Youthful athletic styling' = a marketing phrase to describe the formerly-svelte high-school athlete, returning home after freshman year, from the university where they failed to make the varsity team, majored in partying and beer-drinking, now 25% heavier, and $30,000 in debt.

So it's based on the Civic platform.
In essence, a Civic-derived SUV instead of a Fit-derived SUV.

That explains the "longer, lower, wider" dimensions. (Homage to 1960's Detroit annual model year transformations!)

Doesn't explain a different HR-V front grille that's STILL totally unlike any other US Honda, and yet another derivative of a derivative of the circa-2005 Aston Martin and circa-2013 Ford Focus ST front grilles.

No pics of the interior.
Will it still have the fold-UP rear seat cushions?

Since it's based on the Civic, will there be any assembled at the Greensburg IN Civic plant, or will all of the US-market HR-V's still be produced in Mexico?
Will the 2023 HR-V still be classified as a Truck in the Honda sales statistics?

Price and availability?
The current HR-V just set an all-time sales record, March 2022 was the best month ever.
In part, because HR-V is one of the least expensive Hondas available.

So is there a realistic production timeline? Parts shortages, chip shortages, supply chain, labor shortages, blah blah blah...

Any wild guesses on how much more expensive it will be than the current model?
How large will dealer 'market pricing' surcharges be above MSRP?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just my "wild guess" but I doubt there will be much of a price jump. Like you said, one of the reasons why it's such a good seller is due to the low price. If they jack up the price significantly, they'll lose that edge. I'm guessing it'll be about $1k more across the lineup.

As far as "market pricing"? I doubt there will be any. Most of the vehicles that currently are upcharged are specialty vehicles (i.e. Chevy Corvette, Ford Mustang, Ford F-150 Lightning, etc). As much as some love their HRVs, there's nothing particularly special about them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
If it comes with the IRS and K20 engine of the Civic, I might be able to tolerate the body design.
You definitely got your first wish.

Larger, more powerful (maybe w/the CRV/Civic 180hp 1.5L turbo)? Interesting. I'll wait until I see pics of the interior and confirmation of the powertrain.
The possible engines for the 2023 HR-V could be:

• 1.8L - that's an old engine that provided marginal power even in the Fit-based HR-V and would be even worse in the Civic-based HR-V - and, Honda already said the new HR-V will have a "more responsive engine".
  • 1.8L, but with DI instead of MPFI - it doesn't make sense to make a unique engine for the HR-V
  • 2.0L I4 - I believe this is the most likely engine choice for the 2023 HR-V
  • 1.5L turbo I4 - the HR-V is currently Honda's entry-level model in the US since the Fit was discontinued. Using this engine would likely push the HR-V's price too high and we see only a single exhaust outlet in the photos.
  • 1.0L turbo I3 - I think cost would prevent the new HR-V from using this engine as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Since it's based on the Civic, will there be any assembled at the Greensburg IN Civic plant, or will all of the US-market HR-V's still be produced in Mexico?
Will the 2023 HR-V still be classified as a Truck in the Honda sales statistics?
Wasn't the CRV based on the Civic?

Perhaps Honda now has a global/universal platform for multiple vehicles like other manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Honda need to sack their advertising consultancy.

A bland colour, in a beige town. So Primer Grey is their 'halo car' colour?
To me that says, "we don't want to stand out, we just want to blend in."

Not one of the pedestrians in the video looked at the vehicle that Honda had probably spent a few ¥Billion on, 'oh WOW!! That's the new HR-V!'

The front end looks like the generic front end of cars that are used in car insurance and ambulance chaser adverts; "have you been involved in an accident that wasn't your fault, then call Bodget, Scarper & Runn!"

I particularly like that have focused in on the shiny trim where the Foglights would be!

I have seen images in other unofficial 'teaser' videos that the NA market HR-V is getting the Civic interior, rather than the ROW HR-V interior.

The big question is, since they have dropped the hidden rear door handles, have they also dropped the Magic Seats?

·
olegolf777
6 Posts
I think magic seats will disappear for sure. They are only possible if the fuel tank is under the front seats and the rear suspension is in the form of a simple beam. This is not the case in the co-platform Civic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think magic seats will disappear for sure. They are only possible if the fuel tank is under the front seats and the rear suspension is in the form of a simple beam. This is not the case in the co-platform Civic.
That's what I am afraid of. I am still driving a Fit as of today, but looking to buy the new HRV when it's available, because I absolutely love the magic seat features and reply on them day in and day out. For example, of the back seat is always up so I can put the shopping cart directly in, w/o unloading and unfolding to store it in the car.

If the magic seat is no longer around, I may look elsewhere for a new car, such as one with a higher ground clearance so when I drive in the mountain gravel roads it will be an easier ride.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
@Kittyworld the current HR-V still makes for a great purchase. I don't make as much use out of the Magic Seats as I did previously as I have dog hammock set up for carrying my Staffy on her walks. However, prior to this that was where the weekly shop would go. Coped with a 47" TV no problem.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts