Honda HR-V Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,127 Posts
Honda made a big song and dance about fitting Magic Seats to the 2005/6 Civic highlighting its USP and why were other manufacturers not so innovative.

Then they subsequently removed them.

·
olegolf777
6 Posts
Honda made a big song and dance about fitting Magic Seats to the 2005/6 Civic highlighting its USP and why were other manufacturers not so innovative.

Then they subsequently removed them.
Magic seats were in the European version of the Civic. In the past, when the European Civic was very special. Then the platform became common and the magic seats disappeared. They require a very specific layout of the car.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
......from time to time I'd like to drive to the mountains to camp and hike, will it still be right for me?
As above, only you can determine that. Ask to take one on an extended test drive and replicate your usual routes and, if possible, take it into the mountains.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I my self would wait a year so Honda can work any bugs that show up with a new model....
Since it's based on the 11th generation Civic that went on sale in September 2021 which itself carries over a proven powertrain from the 10th generation Civic, hopefully there won't be many surprises.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
When the facelifted HR-V came out in Europe in 2018/9, production was moved from Mexico to Japan. Apparently this was due to customer feedback to dealers reference build and fit and finish quality issues.

It is rare to see an owner of a post 2019 model posting about issues with their vehicle on the UK forum.

The (MkIII) RotW HR-V is apparently being solely built in Japan for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Looks like the new NA HR-V is going to be sold as a separate model above the RoW MkIII in Europe at least. And you thought you were getting rid of me......

2023 Honda ZR-V Announced As New C-Segment SUV For Europe

No idea what "old Continent" means, is that a NA euphemism??!! :p

If this information regarding positioning is correct, then this ZR-V will probably have a starting price in the UK of around £35k, as the MkIII HR-V price range is around £29k to £34k, which makes the Toyota Yaris Cross hybrid all the more appealing as its FWD price range is £24k - £28K and it comes in AWD (£30k) which is not available on the RoW HR-V.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts