Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am facing this issue of "release parking brake" in my Honda vezel hybrid, as shown in attached picture. There is a constant beep and sign of encircled capital P. Got it scanned multiple times but not a single error has been observed on the scanner. Else car is running absolutely fine. I know this topic has been discussed over here back in time but the guys over there are not online and my query is still un resolved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car is not under warranty. It's a Japan domestic model. Got it scanned at local Honda dealership but their scan shows no error.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am facing this issue of "release parking brake" in my Honda vezel hybrid, as shown in attached picture. There is a constant beep and sign of encircled capital P. Got it scanned multiple times but not a single error has been observed on the scanner. Else car is running absolutely fine. I know this topic has been discussed over here back in time but the guys over there are not online and my query is still un resolved. View attachment 30117
Run OBD diagnostic on it, it might not be your ebrake that is faulty it could be due to related issues like sensors. I think this is a common problem for vezels and hrv.. some diagnostics are knock sensors faulty, Low batt voltage, ebrake switch/sensor faulty. Let the service centre run a check on it, make sure they are using a Honda diagnostic tool instead of a generic one. Whatever it is do not ask them to reset the codes without rectifying it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I always ask: have you done any mods or any modifications to this car whatsoever?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
549 Posts
What's with the necroing? A "one-post wonder"?

While generic scan won't pick it up, some add-ons to scanners (like the Honda package for the OBDLink) might pick up a "generic" manufacturer's code (U-129e i think it was, but that was pretty useless).

I had the issue of the EPB locking up as I parked and while I got it to eventually release, it had an error. The issue turned out to be the switch in the center console. Dealer replaced it (since it's still under warranty) and it works now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am facing the same Issue. It just won't go away. Won't show up on the scanner tool. Had new brakes Installed, changed the fluid etc but it still won't go away

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I am facing this issue of "release parking brake" in my Honda vezel hybrid, as shown in attached picture. There is a constant beep and sign of encircled capital P. Got it scanned multiple times but not a single error has been observed on the scanner. Else car is running absolutely fine. I know this topic has been discussed over here back in time but the guys over there are not online and my query is still un resolved. View attachment 30117
Was this issue rectified?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did u ever get this resolved?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts