Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just got my letter from Honda saying any White Orchid peeling paint will be fixed for free. Mine has a small area peeling over the rear passenger door.
I got the letter as well. I have a White Orchid Pearl, build date May 2016. No issues as of yet (knock on wood). The car hasn't had much sun exposure though. Parked in a garage at home and a parking garage at work. Only time it's in the sun is while I'm driving or at a store. I've waxed it once in the last 4 years and it gets pushed through a car wash tunnel once every month or so.

·
Registered
427 Posts
About to go in next week for mine. Sigh...i owned a taffeta white Honda/Acura for over 10 years. It looked new when traded in. I take care of my cars almost religiously. I was simply spraying off the car wash soap when it just chipped. Thought I had gotten some leaf on it or something cause I was it was dark color but when I went to rub it, the paint just came off.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
About to go in next week for mine. Sigh...i owned a taffeta white Honda/Acura for over 10 years. It looked new when traded in. I take care of my cars almost religiously. I was simply spraying off the car wash soap when it just chipped. Thought I had gotten some leaf on it or something cause I was it was dark color but when I went to rub it, the paint just came off.
Mind posting some pics? I have a baseball sized chunk of paint missing from my roof and wrinkled paint on 2 doors that is ready to fall off. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
427 Posts
There is no latest. People have the issue and they go in. I think most people with the pearl white color got the warranty extension letter. My car isn’t even paid off in full. We’ll see how the trip to the dealer goes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am not super active on this forum since I got my 1.5t civic. But I remember when I just got it you were pretty active on this forum. Especially I vaguely remember that one thread about the iron on the paint or something. So you take care of your car pretty well. At least exterior wise.

Damn, that looks horrible. =(

super disappointed. Honestly, the moment it happen, I was going to part out and get rid of it and get a new car. But with the way the economy is, and also the way the country is...don’t know about it. I don’t want to go buy a new car only to barely drive it. and because of the virus, the HRV is currently barely driven. I only have 29k miles in nearly 5 years. Maybe in 2021 definitely will get rid of the car. But also it will be paid off in 2021. Don’t want to have no car pymt and then restart again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My cousin’s blue odyssey had this paint chip problem. It looked awful. But it was also like a 8/9 year old car.

They barely washed the car once a year and didn’t take care of the paint. So it wasn’t unexpected that crap like that happened. I wax my cars over 4 times a year.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Went in today. Seems preliminary. They are well aware of the problem and had experience handling it. Probably a case has been created and it was forwarded to Honda corporate for review and approval. It’s been 1 day and I never expected it to be fixed immediately. If this drags on for months, I would not be happy.

on another note, they said my condenser failed for the a/c. This is my 11th Honda and they have ALL been flawless. My oldest one was an RSX that had PERFECT original paint over 13 years old and 130k miles. It performed as well as possible with the bare minimal maint that I basically did all by myself. Never had the ac fixed once and the paint like I said was better than new. The only thing out of the ordinary that I did was repaint the wheel well area myself and added some under-coating. Winters in NJ suck and I wasn’t too beat up about spending the $10/15 for 2 cans of coating.

I am hugely disappointed in the ac failing this early. My HRV has 29k miles but is out of the 3 year window. I would definitely not think twice about getting the extended warranty. I have refused it profusely multiple times to the point where the guy offered it from thousands of dollars to $100 for several years. I wasn’t going to pay a single dollar for warranty. But this along with the problems I have with my 1.5t civic changed my mind. I tend to and want to hold onto my cars for a long time. I still plan to hold onto the HRV, but I highly doubt it will be past another year. Once things are more normal in the world and driving is more normal, I won’t hesitate to get a new car immediately. I just find it stupid to buy a new car now after having to pay for these repairs and then not being able to drive much anyways. I don’t want it to sit new and not driven.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Went in today. Seems preliminary. They are well aware of the problem and had experience handling it. Probably a case has been created and it was forwarded to Honda corporate for review and approval. It’s been 1 day and I never expected it to be fixed immediately. If this drags on for months, I would not be happy.

on another note, they said my condenser failed for the a/c. This is my 11th Honda and they have ALL been flawless. My oldest one was an RSX that had PERFECT original paint over 13 years old and 130k miles. It performed as well as possible with the bare minimal maint that I basically did all by myself. Never had the ac fixed once and the paint like I said was better than new. The only thing out of the ordinary that I did was repaint the wheel well area myself and added some under-coating. Winters in NJ suck and I wasn’t too beat up about spending the $10/15 for 2 cans of coating.

I am hugely disappointed in the ac failing this early. My HRV has 29k miles but is out of the 3 year window. I would definitely not think twice about getting the extended warranty. I have refused it profusely multiple times to the point where the guy offered it from thousands of dollars to $100 for several years. I wasn’t going to pay a single dollar for warranty. But this along with the problems I have with my 1.5t civic changed my mind. I tend to and want to hold onto my cars for a long time. I still plan to hold onto the HRV, but I highly doubt it will be past another year. Once things are more normal in the world and driving is more normal, I won’t hesitate to get a new car immediately. I just find it stupid to buy a new car now after having to pay for these repairs and then not being able to drive much anyways. I don’t want it to sit new and not driven.
Sorry to hear about your AC condenser. I took my HRV in yesterday but was asked to go to a body shop that the dealer deals with. There, they wrote down my information and took pictures. I was told that it usually takes one to two weeks to hear back from Honda America and to check in with the dealer in about a week.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts