Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the hood deflector? How effective is it against bugs, etc.? I was thinking of getting one before we go on our road trip, but if it is useless, then we'll safe our money.

·
Super Moderator
1,742 Posts
Does anyone have the hood deflector? How effective is it against bugs, etc.? I was thinking of getting one before we go on our road trip, but if it is useless, then we'll safe our money.
It is not unless. It will deflect most of the bugs off you windshield and some pebbles off your hood. I have one and like it. My last 2 cars had one.

It easy to install if you are handy.

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not unless. It will deflect most of the bugs off you windshield and some pebbles off your hood. I have one and like it. My last 2 cars had one.

It easy to install if you are handy.
Ok cool

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have an oem Honda windshield air deflector

I bought it on amazon for $119 shipped

That being said, it will stop smaller bugs from hitting the windshield/hood area but bigger bugs and gravel has much more momentum due the weight and will still hit the windshield.

I highly suggest that you do not purchase the oem Honda air deflector I have.
I’m currently waiting for the dealership to get me a new one as mine has already begun cracking at the mounting points. I’ve only had it on for about 7 months or so

Avs or weather tech might make one for the hrv, If so I’d recommend that. It will be cheaper and probably won’t cause issues.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had it installed at the dealership, Maybe they overtightened the mounting screws?
Only two of the mounts started cracking(the two that screw down to tighten, the rest are clips)
Dealership acknowledged the damage and ordered me a new warranty replacement that I’m currently waiting for.

Hopefully they just did a shoddy job I’ll see how long this new replacement lasts.

It’s good to hear yours has lasted spacewrangler, but I just wanted to post my experience as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That’s what I’m going to do this time.

Ive been swamped with other car projects and my job so I got some accessories installed and service done at the dealer. Bad idea I guess.

I installed my window visors when I first bought my car last fall and they are still looking great. I’m hoping it’s just the install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses. My big thing is to try and stop the stone chips from pitting the hood. I like to stick with oem accessories.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you want to stop rock chips it would be best to install a self healing clear front hood and bumper protector film in conjunction with the air deflector or just film if it’s purely for paint chip from small stones

·
Registered
65 Posts
I see College Hills has an aftermarket hood deflector. Has anyone installed any aftermarket deflectors? It looks thinner and maybe not quite as long as the OEM, so not sure I like that about it.

·
Registered
2020 Honda HR-V EX
8 Posts
Sorry @n1c0LaSS that no one responded. Perhaps it just isn't something that no one on here has done. I went the clear bra route myself.
oh no worries. i'm new here and have just been perusing the posts and noticed that no one replied. I just so happened to order one, so i'll throw it out there to see if it helps anyone out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts