Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to see some pictures of one installed and hear opinions about it. My plan was to buy one when I purchased my HRV but the dealership installed a clear bra for free.

·
Super Moderator
1,750 Posts
I see College Hills has an aftermarket hood deflector. Has anyone installed any aftermarket deflectors? It looks thinner and maybe not quite as long as the OEM, so not sure I like that about it.

It might look better. It will not function as good as the OEM.

I'm sure there is another thread on the defector. But search is not working.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
490 Posts
As far as I've seen from either my own driving or pictures online, the aeroskin would work fine, if your primary worry is initial front damage from pebbles and rock chips, or even just mess from kamikaze bugs directly impacting the front (for the hood anyway).

Back in 2011, I took a 5 week long trip around the US in my 2010 Honda Fit. And while there were definitely bug guts on my windshield, the mess at the front nose was far worse. Luckily, it was mostly bug splat and not chipped paint. Something like the aeroskin would've helped with the hood portion.

·
Registered
2020 Honda HR-V EX
8 Posts
I would like to see some pictures of one installed and hear opinions about it. My plan was to buy one when I purchased my HRV but the dealership installed a clear bra for free.
my OEM just shipped out today; i'll get some pictures up as soon as I get it installed

·
Registered
67 Posts
It might look better. It will not function as good as the OEM.

I'm sure there is another thread on the defector. But search is not working.

I have this on my HRV. You can go to my albums and see some shots there. Functions okay for deflecting small rocks and bugs but here in the midwest, theres nothing stopping the onslaught of rock salt during peak season. A clear hood bra/wrap would do much better. I just did a spot paint/touch-up job on my hood and there was still so many micro craters. I bought the hood deflector more-so for aesthetics; a little something to differentiate my HRV from the rest.

·
Super Moderator
1,750 Posts
I had the OEM myself. I drive mostly on the highway. All the cars I owned have deflectors.

·
Registered
2020 Honda HR-V EX
8 Posts
Thanks. I was surprised to see that there was a bit of a gap on the backside seal. To be quite honest, I don't really think the seal does anything as it is all exposed to the elements, so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AVS makes a hood deflector. I put it on my 2018 HRV. Easy to install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A to až do dnešního roku.

View attachment 30158 View attachment 30159 View attachment 30160
[/CITACE]
Just got it today and completed the install.

View attachment 30158 View attachment 30159 View attachment 30160
[/CITACE]
Takže je to krásné !!!! Hledal jsem na internetu, ale tuto část jsem nikde nenašl ...: - ((
So it's beautiful !!!! I searched the internet, but I didn't find this part anywhere ...: - ((

·
Registered
22 Posts
AVS makes a hood deflector. I put it on my 2018 HRV. Easy to install.
I have an AVS deflector also but on my Accord. Bought it from 4wheelonline. It fits flush with the hood and is secured using double sided tape. I'm planning to get one for my HRV next month.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts