Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2021 LX model HRV. I've noticed that the AC struggles between cold and cool while driving at a consistent speed.

The other day I noticed that I don't feel or hear any difference when the recirculate button is pressed for the airflow.

How can other owners tell the difference between outside air and recirculate?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
517 Posts
I will say I def notice a change in airflow SOUND between the two !
Set the air to blow out the dash only
Put the speed fan on to about 5 bars or even highest setting and when car is idling- switch between FA and Recirc. It take about 2 seconds for the door to adjust - but you can hear it change from one, to a transition sound while door adjusts, and then the final sound.

also try with the air set to blow down to the floor 100% too.
i think idling engine and all windows up, radio off -you should hear both and the change in between.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
For me, the recirculate is a minimal increase in sound but definitely noticeable. My Civic is a little more noticeable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How can other owners tell the difference between outside air and recirculate?
Set the fan speed to high. Lower one window about an inch. Stand outside the vehicle with all doors and other windows closed. With recirculation mode on, you should feel little to no air coming out of the window. With recirculation mode off, you should feel air coming out of the window.

·
Registered
517 Posts
yea, i'm not hearing any difference in sound
it may not apply to your 2021- but there was a TSB about the blend door that was installed improperly by the factory..... so either MINE is messed up (2017), or yours is broken (if you don't hear a difference).

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it is like a civic lower the glove box like you are going to change the cabin filter....turn fan on and then switch to recur. you will see a small door open up...that is where it gets the air from...go back to reg. the door closes...

·
Registered
435 Posts
If it is like a civic lower the glove box like you are going to change the cabin filter....turn fan on and then switch to recur. you will see a small door open up...that is where it gets the air from...go back to reg. the door closes...
I was just going to post this. "Dump" the glove box, look through the crack above the filter door. You can see the recirc door move when you change it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
there was a TSB about the blend door that was installed improperly by the factory
Blend door controls the air output to a given set of vents. Even if it was malfunctioning, it wouldn't affect the air recirculate function since that's handled by a different door.

My 2016 LX had the blend door issue. I could not physically turn the vent control knob beyond the "panel" function. On the LX, the vent control knob is mechanically connected to the blend door itself. Models with automatic climate control have a servo motor move the blend door, similar to how the recirc door functions by pushing a button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts