Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how people that replaced their door speakers have trimmed/removed the ring on the door panel speaker grill?

·
Registered
666 Posts
are they removable ?
I would love to replace mine with red ones - but all I have seen are cheap covers, and the factory do not seem to be replaceable anyway. They have no part #.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about the ring inside the door panel that some people trim off when replacing the door speakers. It's almost like a fastring but made of plastic.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm talking about the ring inside the door panel that some people trim off when replacing the door speakers. It's almost like a fastring but made of plastic.
I had to cut back the "collar" if that is what you are talking about ? its about 3/4" in depth ( very thin plastic) and makes up the space between what is the speaker housing and the inner door panel.
I also used foam rings in its place to seal up the gap.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
327 Posts
I would love to replace mine with red ones - but all I have seen are cheap covers, and the factory do not seem to be replaceable anyway. They have no part #.
I've seen several different colors on Aliexpress, not my style so I never saved it, but if I come across it again I'll post it here. (this is in reference to the outside ring on the grill)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've seen several different colors on Aliexpress, not my style so I never saved it, but if I come across it again I'll post it here. (this is in reference to the outside ring on the grill)
I saw those- if they are removable and replaceable I would consider- they dont look to be replaceable.
the ones ebay etc seem to be plastic covers that go over the chrome, which I dont want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the rim Im talking about! I didnt remove it. I will probably pull a door panel to make sure its not hitting the speaker. I do have some Fastrings, so if I remove it, Ill use those. Went with some JBL Club SQ coaxial. Wife didnt want to go components, for some reason. Had her set on some Audiofrogs, till I hit her with the $350 price tag. LOL!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thats the rim Im talking about! I didnt remove it. I will probably pull a door panel to make sure its not hitting the speaker. I do have some Fastrings, so if I remove it, Ill use those. Went with some JBL Club SQ coaxial. Wife didnt want to go components, for some reason. Had her set on some Audiofrogs, till I hit her with the $350 price tag. LOL!
if you look a the OEM speakers - you can see the indent in their foam strip on the speaker- that gives you an idea of how deep the RIM goes into/towards the metal door frame.
if you put a new speaker flush on to the door , there will still probably be a gap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts