Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Find out! Use the following formula...

1. Divide the number of Honda vehicles you've owned by the number of total vehicles you've owned. Then multiply the result by 100 and round to the nearest whole number. This is your HONDA LOYALTY SCORE.

2. Check off ONCE each model from the list below if you've owned at least one of that model. Add the number of checks and divide this total by 12. Then multiply the result by 100 and round to the nearest whole number. This is your HONDA COLLECTION SCORE.

Accord
Civic
Crosstour
CR-V
CR-Z
Element
Fit
Insight
Odyssey
Pilot
Prelude
Ridgeline

Add your HONDA LOYALTY SCORE and HONDA COLLECTION SCORE and divide by 2. Round to the nearest whole number. This is your HONDA FANBOY PERCENTAGE.

Use the guide below to see where you fall...

75%-100% You are most definitely a Honda fanboy. It's no surprise that you are a participant in this forum - the only surprise would be that if are not already a Senior Member of this Forum. Honda dealers in your area know you by your first name and never need IDs for documentation. Other dealers? Forget about it. You turn your nose to anybody driving, let alone selling, anything by any other automotive manufacturer, maybe even Acuras. Heck, you may someday be a candidate for donation requests should any automotive museum want to showcase a Honda exhibit. And you would see nothing wrong in taking pride in that.

50%-75% Maybe you're late to the game, but these days, you'll likely go for a Honda over anything else. It probably took a little time for you to realize Honda's excellence due to growing up in a proud American family who would only drive Fords or Chevys. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but times have changed. The type of vehicle people drive has changed. You've fallen in love with Hondas and are comfortable with them - even if they are from Japan. Don't get anybody wrong, you are not a fanatic, but just a practical guy that knows who does a **** fine job of making cars. One that consistently rates well in Consumer Reports and gets good gas mileage.

25%-50% You're not one prone to get too comfortable with any auto maker, and certainly not one to show any loyalty to one. Maybe you'll get the Honda, but maybe you'll go for a Mazda or Toyota instead. Maybe you still trust American auto makers. Or, maybe even, gasp, you'll go for a Saab! (Do they even make those anymore?) At any rate, you certainly have a more open mind than anyone else shopping for cars and are proud of that. You are a varied, sophisticated fellow that just cannot be labeled. You'll go for what your gut and mind tells you is best and nobody can tell you what that is but you.

0%-25% Why are you even here? Maybe you have had a Honda or two in the past, but you've had a bad experience with them. Or, at the very least, associate driving a Honda with some other bad experience. At any rate, you certainly are not enamored with Hondas and are certainly are not set to buy one that hasn't even been released yet. It's either that or your are as fickle in your auto tastes as an British magazine editor diagnosed with ADD and suddenly you want to be the first in line for Honda's newest toy. Even with that, though, much more time must pass before you could even be considered a loyalist at best or simply one who chooses to hop on to the next big thing (**cough**Apple self-driving cars***cough**).

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have owned a fantastic number of Hondas, enough to call me a true fanboy, but only two are on the list. You see, before Honda was known as an automotive brand, they were firmly established on two wheels.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Don't 2 seaters' count for anything? CRX, Del Sol, 2000.:crying:
I have 0 brand loyalty and proud of it. I buy what works for me.I could give a hang about who makes it or even where its made. My perception of who is hot and who is not does tend to run in streaks. Honda in the 80s Nissans in the 90s and Mazdas in the new century . Brand loyalty is for suckers. It exemplifies tunnel vision and insecurity in one's own ability to pick a winner, so they stay comfortably within their rut. No automobile company has a monopoly on excellence and never will.(sorry, was getting a little bored and decided to stir the puddin)>:D
Ok I'll play 86 and 88 CRX SI 1975 cb400f, 1985 VF500 Intercepter

I bought my son a 2004 Acura RSX Which he just totaled on I-40 last week.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I fall in under the 0-25 but I do own a Honda lawnmower, snowblower and trimmer. Do they count? :)

Love those Honda motors.

Forgot I also had a Honda 305 Dream back in the 60's. My first bike.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have owned a fantastic number of Hondas, enough to call me a true fanboy, but only two are on the list. You see, before Honda was known as an automotive brand, they were firmly established on two wheels.
Feel free to add your motorcycle models to the list! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Have owned many Honda Vehicle in my odd 17 years of driving.

1. 1995 Civic EX
2. 2000 Civic SI
3. 1993 Civic VX Hatchback (motor swap b16)
4. 1990 CRX HF
5. 1997 Civic Lx
6. 2001 Acura Integra Type R
7. 2004 Acura RSX Base Model
8. 2001 CR-V
8. 2007 Civic Lx (current)
9. 2016 HR-V (future)

I have also owned Ford, Toyota, Scion and Mitsubishi vehicle in the past, but have always went back to Honda.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't 2 seaters' count for anything? CRX, Del Sol, 2000.:crying:
Lol, well the latest - CRZ - is in there. So feel free to add those to the list if you've owned any of those.

I just put the main models rather than all the lesser known or long defunct models, or everyone would get a low score lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You need to factor in length of ownership. Mt first car was a 74 VW bug @ $2700 which I kept for 14 years and sold for $600. Then used accord for 6 years. Then used Camry for a few. Then my current vehicle. Purchased in '97 a 1998 Accord V6. 18 years. Gonna trade her in for an HRV.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to factor in length of ownership. Mt first car was a 74 VW bug @ $2700 which I kept for 14 years and sold for $600. Then used accord for 6 years. Then used Camry for a few. Then my current vehicle. Purchased in '97 a 1998 Accord V6. 18 years. Gonna trade her in for an HRV.
If I factored in longetivity, then everyone who's ever owned a Honda would have a high score. ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
My score's 50. Not counting motorcycles.

Doesn't mean I'm blindly loyal, but by now when I climb in to a Honda and drive it just feels like home. I've been waiting for a good hatch for years, and really hope the HR-V is it, but if not I'll look elsewhere.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I fan girled HARD today when I saw an actual HR-V on my way home today....passed it and tried to get a pic but it was driving too slow...I was seriously OMGing for a few minutes. I have owned two Honda products a Civic and an Acura TSX. Too lazy to do the math.

It was kind of interesting b/c the car had these big signs that looked like surfboards on the roof rack announcing the car and a HRV #. I had thoughts of following it.....but it was late - I needed to get home.

I only wish I could have really looked at it ....soon I guess.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I fan girled HARD today when I saw an actual HR-V on my way home today....passed it and tried to get a pic but it was driving too slow...I was seriously OMGing for a few minutes. I have owned two Honda products a Civic and an Acura TSX. Too lazy to do the math.

It was kind of interesting b/c the car had these big signs that looked like surfboards on the roof rack announcing the car and a HRV #. I had thoughts of following it.....but it was late - I needed to get home.

I only wish I could have really looked at it ....soon I guess.
*$&!*, always elusive from a camera eh? Like spotting Bigfoot...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I want to revise my list as most are from ancient times and nearly forgotten.

1973 Civic hatch ( the original Civic , paid extra hundred for hatch , $2200.)
1975 CB400F (first production bike with a 6sp and 10000rpm redline)
1983 VT500 Ascot (worst bike I ever owned)
1985 VF500 Interceptor (best bike I ever owned)
1986 CRX SI
1988 CRX SI (wish I still had it)
2004 Acura RSX (only one bought used, for my son, he totaled it on I-40 last week after only 6mos. of driving it. Thank God not a scratch on him or passenger.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts