Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I wonder if this means places like San Diego will get them first or do they plan to systematically spread them throughout the country at first?

Maybe the all land rail route will make Phoenix one of the first to receive?

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you look closely at the picture in the article, you'll notice that the cars are rolling of a train. If you look even closer, you'll notice the train is "armored", as in the train cars have sides to keep people out.

That's how they stopped Mexicans from jumping the parked or moving train and stealing parts (catalytic converters, etc) off of the early production Fits - they use "armored" trains.

I'm sure at least a few readers think I'm making that up. Google "Honda, Mexico, Train, Theft" and you'll see articles like this. Weird to think our HRVs are under armed guard on their trip here.

http://www.automotivelogisticsmagazine.com/news/logistics-and-delays-hampering-honda-in-mexico

·
Registered
255 Posts
That's how they stopped Mexicans from jumping the parked or moving train and stealing parts (catalytic converters, etc) off of the early production Fits - they use "armored" trains.

I'm sure at least a few readers think I'm making that up. Google "Honda, Mexico, Train, Theft" and you'll see articles like this. Weird to think our HRVs are under armed guard on their trip here.
Perhaps another reason for the hardening is to keep stowaways out?

·
Registered
48 Posts
HR-V Training Day

My local dealer invited me to their training day with the HR-V. Unfortunately I gotta work (April 16 if anyone is in Vermont). He didn't say whether I could purchase it soon after or not though...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just noticed that the data doesn't carry over with the link. Just put Veracruz from the POL dropdown....duh uh

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
honestly, just a few minutes. just google it...

mitsui o.s.k car carrier (I've found articles that talk about Honda using them from mexico)

you'll see a link to molroro, then go from there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts