Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a UK bought HRV (2019) and I have just had an ITV test (Mot equivalent) in Spain and it failed on the headlight alignment.
I am aware of the UN/EC 48 regulations that allow LED headlights without a need to change them however, I am now stuck.
Any ideas on what I can or should do to my headlights to realign them?
Thanks

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
79 Posts
I imported my 2003 Honda Civic when I was based in Gibraltar and just attached 'beam benders' and in 40k miles traveling around Spain and France (I used to drive back to the UK for main Leave periods) I never had any issues. Apart from removing the bloody things when I was drafted back to the UK.

For my 2010 Skoda Octavia , I set a flat beam pattern, and again, never had any issues in France or Spain. I just kept the headlights set to that upon my return to the UK and the vehicle passed 6 MoT's without the lights being commented on. Not sure how that would pan out with the ITV.

You could always try buying LHD headlamps from eBay et al, or even try a scrappie.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
141 Posts
There's definitely a way to adjust them. I bought the 2019 LEDs from a Malaysian vendor and they had to be re-aligned.

My mechanic did it and said it wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what he did.

Check to see if there's an adjustment bolt that looks like what the civic has:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts