Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our battery was dead this morning, our fault. We boosted car, started up fine but all lights on the dashboard are on and breaks are locked?
How long does it take to make the battery full functioning and/or do I have to get the car taken to a dealership to unlock breaks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had this same problem two days ago. Some mysterious sequence of [key out key in start stop move the shifter say some cuss words] finally did the trick but I couldn't tell you the exact routine. Then, even though the battery was charged, it locked up again yesterday. Same seemingly random sequence (plus me biking down to where my wife had the car parked in 94 degrees) finally freed it up. I need to discover the magic sequence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called Honda dealer about the issue, they had never heard of something like this ??? Anyhow, called the local car person, he came with his computer thingy, had to erase all the codes and reset al the modules, now it seems to work find.
Just because I boosted the battery??

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
83 Posts
Called Honda dealer about the issue, they had never heard of something like this ??? Anyhow, called the local car person, he came with his computer thingy, had to erase all the codes and reset al the modules, now it seems to work find.
Just because I boosted the battery??
Seems very strange 🤔 I drained my battery once and had to charged it. And while all the warning lights came on most reset themselves after a short drive. The exception was the Steering light, I had to do a reset procedure for it. It may also have self reset had I'd driven farther. The brake released without issue, even with all the lights on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it seems very strange that the brakes completely locked, couldn’t drive it an inch. and also that nothing reset itsel. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
Although this type of situation hasn't happened to me (yet!), it's good to know in case it does. I had a quick check online and several forums have mentioned that when it happens certain systems have a 'locking' tool provided with the tool kit that you use to unlock the brakes when it happens.

(Last answer on page)

I haven't heard of this, nor read it previously on this or the UK forum, or even the Owners Manual. Does the HR-V require the use of this tool for this type of situation?

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
Proof that cars are now just computers with wheels.
That's partly driven due to consumer demands;
I want my car to read my emails.
I want my car to send emails.
I want to be able open/lock my car without taking the key out of my pocket.
I want my car to be able to access the internet.
I want my car to steer me out of trouble when I feck up...ad infinitum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts