Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2002 automatic HR-V, I need to replace the gearbox as its making a lot of noise. Had it looked by a mechanic who advised replacing it. I need to source a gear box but this is proving very difficult at this time due to it being so old and automatic plus the coronavirus. Does anyone know if there are any other gearboxes that would be compatible with this car?

·
Banned
609 Posts
Does it bother you too when somene asks a question that is surely in the manual when the car is still under warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clearly isn't under warranty or wouldn't have the problem... Why do people feel the need to write on this post if there not going to be helpful..

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
414 Posts
I don't know why the other poster thought it would possibly still be under warranty...

edit: after getting a PM from said person I took a look again and realize it's a snide remark to those that post google or lmgtfy. One would assume when a person posts they would try to be relevant to the thread, but I really should learn to not expect anything of the sort from that.

But beside that, this forum really is focused on the 2nd gen HR-V. If I were to guess, it would be because many of the members are in the US, while the 1st gen HR-V was not offered in the US, so it makes it harder for members to know much about it.

The fact you came to this forum means you most likely did an internet search, so it isn't a stretch to think the most obvious step would be to continue doing such a search until you can find results that are more specific to the 1st gen.

------

That said, about this forum... I personally wouldn't mind including a 1st gen sub-forum. It'll help with having more members, making it a little more "lively" (at least, as lively as an internet forum goes). Who knows, information from 1st gen owners could influence the 2nd gen owners.

I'm sure any increase in traffic is a plus for the website owners that use it as income, even if I'm pretty certain this is just one upon the many they own.

But like I said... due to the nature of the forum and the 1st gen HR-V being unavailable to many of the members... it's a little mismatched.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2002 automatic HR-V, I need to replace the gearbox as its making a lot of noise. Had it looked by a mechanic who advised replacing it. I need to source a gear box but this is proving very difficult at this time due to it being so old and automatic plus the coronavirus. Does anyone know if there are any other gearboxes that would be compatible with this car?
Hi,
I'm not aware about a 2002 HR-V. You are probably talking about the CR-V. Try to find a CR-V forum. Maybe you are not finding this gearbox bc you're looking for a 2002 HRV gearbox (which do not exist) instead 2002 CR-V. It shouldn't be that hard to find this part, it's a very popular car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts