Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Hello,

Is there any way to upgrade my 2016 HR-v to apple play? Or can I only do that by trading in for a 2019 HR-v?

- Mike
You might consider scavenging the head unit out of a 2019 at a junkyard, eBay, FB Marketplace, etc. They aren't terribly difficult to install, and that way you can get an OEM part that shouldn't devalue your car for trade in later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Ho ho ho. I found this on Crutchfield.

It keeps all of the factory features like steering wheel controls and backup camera.

Registered
Ho ho ho. I found this on Crutchfield.

It keeps all of the factory features like steering wheel controls and backup camera.

Link isn't working for me, but there are several threads here on aftermarket radio installs using conversion boxes from Crutchfield. Some neat options out there now that add even more than the new stock radios have if you're willing to tinker

Registered
You might consider scavenging the head unit out of a 2019 at a junkyard, eBay, FB Marketplace, etc. They aren't terribly difficult to install, and that way you can get an OEM part that shouldn't devalue your car for trade in later.
Is it fairly easy to install? Plug and play easy? Would the 2016 cables work with the 2019 unit? And backup/lanewatch cameras fully functional? Thanks.

Registered
It should just be plug-n-play since those other systems haven't changed. I only stress "should" because I haven't done this yet but it sounds pretty damn tempting. But that's also why I recommended pulling one from an HR-V instead of buying a third party system - it was designed to work with that equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts