Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another thread, but I thought it might make a good thread on it's own. Honda has shown an Android based system for their infotainment in some other their models. You can tell when a car has this system by the arrows on the left side of the "home" screen and the 6 box "app" button in the lower right hand corner. This system runs with a Nvidia graphics card and more info can be found here (http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/10/01/honda-tegra-android/) and here's a picture...

The pictures of the HR-V don't seem to have this Android based system. However, just today I saw this video from Brazil, and it appears that in their market they do get the Android based system (see at 2:10 in the video)

So the question is, will the North American HR-V's be getting this system? I hoping we will because I assume an Android based OS in the car would be more friendly to my Android based phone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The European version (unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show a couple of weeks go) boasts Android 4 on the top two of the 3 versions. They also mention a Honda app store. I too am an Android fan so will be aiming for an Android version when the HRV goes on sale here in the UK in the summer. Seems to offer Garmin sat nav though (would have thought Googl maps and sat nav would be fine).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not on the thread topic, but a few other things I noticed on that Brazilian video:
- hard tonneau cover
- "FlexONE" badge on the rear, whatever that means
- possibly power folding drivers mirror? Extra button on the armrest for something
- no LaneWatch

Thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not on the thread topic, but a few other things I noticed on that Brazilian video:
- hard tonneau cover
- possibly power folding drivers mirror? Extra button on the armrest for something
- no LaneWatch

Thanks for posting it!
On the FlexOne badge my guess would be that the car runs on a higher ethanol blend or something like that. I know Brazil produces alot of Ethanol.

They do get the folding mirrors, you're right on what that button is.

·
Registered
738 Posts
IMO folding mirrors should be standard globally in top markets, the whole thing on making it available in select markets is getting way too old, been going on for at least more than a decade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
- hard tonneau cover
- no LaneWatch

Thanks for posting it!
Overall, brazilian HR-V is heavier than the US - and more expensive (~US$ 29.500,00 EXL). Our HR-V has not led in front (light day), LaneWatch or dual-zone air. But, here the engine is FLEX, ie works with ethanol or gasoline (even while).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Could be an option offered to us later on? I know FCA offers different versions of Uconnect as options depending on the vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Camilo just answered about it, is pretty usual this gasoline/ethanol kind of engine here in Brazil.
The mirrors can be folded because we have a crazy traffic of motorcycles between cars in big cities like Sao Paulo and is also a good to park in some small spaces (specially when you have walls and collumns).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts