Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yep ... those wheels definitely need an 1800 cc engine, not to mention AWD :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
The HR-V that was at Randy's Donuts had a AWD marking on the right rear side of the hatch, also hadroof rails and a moon roof!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Honda is such a tease!!!! No interior photos (except we know grey is offered), no engine info, no trans info, ARRRGGGG!!!!

Can't wait for actual details come Wednesday!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would've driven over there had I known the HR-V would show up...and I would've grabbed a few dozen of these...(for the sake of the FORUM ahem, not for my big gut of course :D)

·
Registered
807 Posts
The HR-V that was at Randy's Donuts had a AWD marking on the right rear side of the hatch, also hadroof rails and a moon roof!
Sharp eyes ... I missed the AWD ...
Gotta' be 1800cc ... I mean look at the width of those flat-track tires :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I wish it looked more like the Vezel which I thought was sharp when I first saw picture back in December of 2013
Wot? To me it looks virtually identical to the JDM Vezel ... albeit LHD, plus a few other, cosmetic changes. What's different?

Or are you referring to the "prototype?"

·
Registered
807 Posts
P.S. SWMBO asked, "When?"

So I stopped by the local dealer ... walking in, I sauntered over to check-out the sticker on a sunroof Fit ... $499 documentation fee, plus $399 anti-theft protection ... i.e., $900 for ADP, Additional Dealer Profit.

I turned around ... walking back to the Prius, a voice sang out, "Can I help you?"

As I was closing the door, I replied, "Not unless you have an extra $900" ... and drove away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I guess it was the prototype.
I liked the LED lighting with the headlights and tail lights. Also liked the wheel rims.
Yes the body remains the same, it is just these little extras that I liked.

The prototype interior was nice also, hope that remains similar.

I'm still very much interested with the HRV

·
Registered
68 Posts
Even though the color balance is a bit off in photo, I really like that blue; I bet it looks fantastic in person!

Area behind honeycomb grill is a bit light, but I'm thinking that is just a trick of the light. Hopefully it's darker back there in real life.

·
Registered
206 Posts
A roof rack!!! I just signed up for some ski classes this winter, I can already see skis, snowboards and bicycles on the roof! :) (Though I'm skeptical it will be on the market before ski season is over.)

Not sure with the rendering of the photos but that purple-y/blue color is really nice. Would be a huge departure from my silver/dirt colored Fit that I don't need to wash very much, but with roof rails I could go through the car wash every single week if I wanted to!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Never been their ever but from those pictures their donuts look great to me... sure seems worth the trip down their, even more with how popular it is.

·
Registered
633 Posts
anyone have any insight into why the donut shop was chosen? I have to imagine there is marketing value to it... but WHAT???
The USA Today reported used the phrase... "sometimes it's about the donut, and sometimes it's about the hole".

In this case, it's about the "hole" in Honda's line-up, filling the gap between the Fit and the CR-V.

At least that's the connection I think they were trying to make.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I guess it was the prototype.
I liked the LED lighting with the headlights and tail lights. Also liked the wheel rims.
Yes the body remains the same, it is just these little extras that I liked.

The prototype interior was nice also, hope that remains similar.

I'm still very much interested with the HRV
The Vezel does have LED lights on all but the lowest trim. Honda did cheap out a bit with the lights though if you're willing to spend the extra bucks at least the JDM lights will be available to special order. The Vezel's interior that has been in most photos has been the hybrid so ours might look a little less flashy/electronic. But hopefully we'll see tomorrow.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Even though the color balance is a bit off in photo, I really like that blue; I bet it looks fantastic in person!
[/B]
That looks like it may be the morpho blue as the Vezel, which looks even more fantastic in person! i'm very psyched that the US might be getting this color. The blue from the original press release looked darker and flatter but it may have been the lighting.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wot? To me it looks virtually identical to the JDM Vezel ... albeit LHD, plus a few other, cosmetic changes. What's different?

Or are you referring to the "prototype?"
The US version looks nice but as someone else posted, other countries such as Australia are getting the version that I liked. We shall see what shows up here in the states.

I really like the Modulo body kit that I saw online too. Like I said, we shall see. It's just a matter of being patient I guess

1 - 20 of 21 Posts