Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night my wife and I got to pick up her new HR-V. Our dealer was able to find what we wanted from another dealer. The other dealer is notorious in the area to throw on a whole bunch of extra's as soon as the cars come off the truck example: Nitrogen in the tires for $75.

We had to pay for those but some were items we were going to get anyway and just install ourselves. Therefore our out of pocket loss was the dealership markup on the options and installation. Of course the nitrogen in the tires is a complete waste, but we consider that an expense of getting the car earlier than having to wait for an ordered car to arrive. Part of this was driven by we needed a second car before my wife goes back to work.

FYI, one of the extra items we don't want are wheel locks, MSRP is $56. My wife and I will sell them on the forum for $45 + shipping. Just PM if you are interested.

A Note on the dealership finding us the car else where:

The sale guy said ours was one of three cars that they sourced from other dealers and all three were such bad experiences that they are now telling customers you will just have to wait until what you want arrives.

I found it fitting that dealerships hate working with dealerships too! He said the first place he contacted wanted three cars and additional money before they would make a trade.

Drive:

So this morning was the first chance I got to drive the car solo. I found it a lot of fun and a pleasure. As others have said, the clutch the first time you get in it can be vague. However, just driving out of the neighborhood was enough time to find the engagement point. It's light, but there. As well, some have commented that the transmission shifting action around 4/5/6 is vague. I too found this to be the case on my test drive. However, while driving into work I realized I was trying too hard. Don't think about it, don't think, I want to go from 4th to 5th. Tread it like 2nd to 3rd and lightly move the shifter up, she will slide in like a greased pig! Same for 5th to 6th, just lightly pull back and let the transmission do it's job. When downshifting it was the same, don't over think it, move the shifter in the direction up/down and it will find the correct gear every time.

When I heard about throttle blip between the gear shifts, I thought that was like on newer sports cars where the ecu blips the throttle to do rev making. Having driven the car some, I believe what they were actually talking about was the "Hang". I've still yet to experience that. And so I treated it like the S and did my own rev matching.

As for power, it's progressive and the higher to get in the revs you can feel the torque increasing. Leaving a stop light, it was a similar sensation to a lightly turbo'd car and a lot of fun. Keep it around 4k and "You gonna have a good day!"

Space for stuff:

I'm sure someone else posted on this and I missed it, but I found that on either side of the center console was a pocket for your cellphone. With bluetooth enabled, I was able to access all my music and audiobook with not cables.

I also found it interesting that in the doors, it looked like they added another pocket/drink holder. I should have taken a picture, maybe I'll post one up if people are interested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think this is the one I'd take too, colour and all...please let us know more of your ride when u have a chance and other interesting findings

cheers

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's one thing new at least to me and the push to start button. Pressing it real quick is the same as turning the key one click at a time, so:

Push 1: Radio
Push 2: Dash power
Push 3: Off

So I forgot to put on the parking brake and had turned the car off, I was like humm well that sucks. So I pushed the On off button real quick to see what would happen. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Kaos,
So you got a manual with the push button start? If so, can you try bump starting the car? I've been wondering if it's possible to do with the push button start. Every salesman I've asked hasn't had a clue as to if it's possible or not.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats On Your Purchase, I really hope my dealership can come through with one. I am being told the NorthEast is not slated for any 2WD Manual versions of the HRV. But When i spoke to my Local Dealership MoreHead Honda, he said they have some in transit slated for next week. I wish somebody on this forum could really give me a definitive answer on What is being shipped to the northeast.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Congrats On Your Purchase, I really hope my dealership can come through with one. I am being told the NorthEast is not slated for any 2WD Manual versions of the HRV. But When i spoke to my Local Dealership MoreHead Honda, he said they have some in transit slated for next week. I wish somebody on this forum could really give me a definitive answer on What is being shipped to the northeast.
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone, except maybe dealers, on this site can know what's being shipped.

I know you are excited to get your new HR-V quickly, but it just may take a month before full allotments come in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kaos,
So you got a manual with the push button start? If so, can you try bump starting the car? I've been wondering if it's possible to do with the push button start. Every salesman I've asked hasn't had a clue as to if it's possible or not.
That's a good question. There is nothing in the manual, and i'd rather not try with the wife's new car unless I had to.

I guess it depends on how the steering wheel lock works. According to the manual, If the steering wheel is locked, move the steering wheel left and right
while pressing the ENGINE START/STOP button at the same
time. So you do need enough power to unlock the wheel. The manual then says if you have a dead battery use a jumper battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts