Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Does anyone have issues with their HR-V after reaching 70+mph? Thoughts on this?
at about 85 MPH i did find that i had some vibration that felt it was coming from under the car (AWD)- and I am thinking its the drive shaft.
the car is very susceptible to wind IMO, and has a higher center of gravity -it does not feel planted like my civc did when open road doing over 70 too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
at about 85 MPH i did find that i had some vibration that felt it was coming from under the car (AWD)- and I am thinking its the drive shaft.
the car is very susceptible to wind IMO, and has a higher center of gravity -it does not feel planted like my civc did when open road doing over 70 too.
agree on the wind.... even a slight crosswind and you feel it in the steering wheel...

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
209 Posts
I have briefly touched 150 km/h (93mph) in my HRV and it felt no different than a 112 km/h (69mph). It never felt unsteady at any point or noisy.
Naturally we have to choose carefully where we do these speeds above the limit. Our max. speed limit on some roads is 110 km/h.

Queensland (Aust.) Speeding Fines

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
166 Posts
I have briefly touched 150 km/h (93mph) in my HRV and it felt no different than a 112 km/h (69mph). It never felt unsteady at any point or noisy.
Naturally we have to choose carefully where we do these speeds above the limit. Our max. speed limit on some roads is 110 km/h.

Queensland (Aust.) Speeding Fines
In Texas regular freeway speed limits go up to 85mph, and there are even a couple of areas with 90.
Here in Michigan posted speeds are 70mph, but if you aren't doing 80-85 you're going to be run off the road.
Lots of interstates in the US are posted 80 as well. (Some of them questionably so)

Have been around a lot in both our 2018 and 2022 HR-V's. Haven't heard any exceptional noise at higher speeds, so I can only assume OP's issue is either wheel balance or bearings.

Reactions: Pclaythomas

·
Registered
373 Posts
In Texas regular freeway speed limits go up to 85mph, and there are even a couple of areas with 90.
Here in Michigan posted speeds are 70mph, but if you aren't doing 80-85 you're going to be run off the road.
Lots of interstates in the US are posted 80 as well. (Some of them questionably so)

Have been around a lot in both our 2018 and 2022 HR-V's. Haven't heard any exceptional noise at higher speeds, so I can only assume OP's issue is either wheel balance or bearings.
I think it was the second poster that had the vibration issue, not the OP. OP seems to be wondering about engine noise.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
209 Posts

I have clocked a few miles in both USA & CA.

Map Rectangle World Line Font

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Watercourse

·
Registered
2020 Honda HRV
6 Posts
Does anyone have issues with their HR-V after reaching 70+mph? Thoughts on this?
My HRV engine and drive train makes the noise I would expect for an AWD car with a small 1.8l engine with a CV transmission, especially in hilly terrain. Perhaps after 2020 or 2021 when they put in a slightly more powerful engine that the 140 hp 1.8l engine it will be a little quieter. But that's what I expected from my HRV, it wasn't billed as a quiet 85 mph cruiser, but as a very roomy, yet small economy SUV.

·
Registered
2022 HR-V EX AWD
166 Posts
If you don't rotate your tires regularly, they will make noise due to cupping, and you will have uneven tread between the front and the back.

There is a reason the industry standard has been to rotate the tires on a regular schedule for over half a century.

It should also be noted that the cause for the noise in most of the results from your Google search there are actually not caused by the tires being rotated. Rather it's caused by another issue that is now apparent because the tires were rotated.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you don't rotate your tires regularly, they will make noise due to cupping, and you will have uneven tread between the front and the back.

There is a reason the industry standard has been to rotate the tires on a regular schedule for over half a century.

It should also be noted that the cause for the noise in most of the results from your Google search there are actually not caused by the tires being rotated. Rather it's caused by another issue that is now apparent because the tires were rotated.
Strange…I always rotated my tires for more even wear, I never had a noise problem. 🤔

1 - 20 of 21 Posts