Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed all the paperwork on my new HR-V this weekend and hope to have the car tomorrow!

So far, the only thing that's made me anxious about the HR-V is that it's so new that I couldn't really determine (nor could anyone I talked to at Honda) if it was going to hold it's re-sale value like the CR-V does. It's almost impractical how well the CR-V holds it's value. Think the HR-V will hold up or will it be a fad?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Signed all the paperwork on my new HR-V this weekend and hope to have the car tomorrow!

So far, the only thing that's made me anxious about the HR-V is that it's so new that I couldn't really determine (nor could anyone I talked to at Honda) if it was going to hold it's re-sale value like the CR-V does. It's almost impractical how well the CR-V holds it's value. Think the HR-V will hold up or will it be a fad?

Any thoughts?
I believe it will hold it's value very well. It's safe, stylish, practical and it's a Honda. It should become a high demand pre-owned car. It's a nice car for handing down within a family. Can only start to imagine what some of the 'Mod' types will do with the HRV.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think that as long as the subcompact crossover market stays hot, the HR-V should maintain its value better than any of them. First off, its a Honda and Hondas generally maintain their value well. Secondly, look at the competition. The Soul is FWD only, the Trax/Encore are rather small on the inside and don't offer the versatility of the HR-V. The CX-3, while perhaps dynamically, (and maybe stylistically) superior is supposed to be tiny on the inside as well. The Renegade/500(X)L don't really have the world's greatest reputation.
Now in comparison to the CR-V, tough to say, to me its an apples/oranges comparison. As of right now, I think the CR-V will be the more valuable, as its bigger and its more of a household name. In a few years, who knows? All I know is this, those that have seen my HR-V have been rather impressed with it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got $7000 for my 2008 Fit. So far my dealer said all their interest has been for Fit owners moving up for AWD, so I'm thinking at least in my area they'll hold their value well, especially against Subarus. Heck you still have to fork over serious money for Elements in my area and they've been discontinued for a while and are definitely a very distinct look.

Edit: provided they remain as reliable as every previous honda model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts