Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the new interior 360 views, the US mirror seems to have lights and a cable plugged into it. Is this a sign that the HR-V (EX, EX-L) might have Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning?

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm not sure why either of those features would have anything to do with the rear view mirror. Those features use sensors outside the vehicle, and warnings usually come up on the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
524 Posts
the wiring is for the buttons on the mirror, garage door opening, emergency call probably... If it had forward collision there would be the tell tale 'box' in front of the mirror like on this renegade...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
A car is fast approaching from the rear. Headlights begin to blind you. No worries. The Automatic-Dimming Mirror darkens to reduce the glare. No hand adjustment necessary.

• Reduced glare reduces nighttime eye strain
  • Automatically adjusts for all light conditions
  • Replaces the standard rearview mirror

MSRP $323
Prices shown are manufacturer suggested retail prices only. Installation cost for accessories is not included. Dealer costs may vary. Prices exclude applicable taxes.

An expensive option on the CR-V EX!...standard on the higher levels.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't realize that the sensors for those features are sometimes put in the mirror. Still, I think it is more likely for simpler things like garage door openers and the like.
I agree. I wish Honda had included the HomeLink on the HR-V. Looking at the complexity of the sunroof controls in the same picture I'm not sure there will be room to retrofit a HomeLink unit into it like has been done for other vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at the new interior 360 views, the US mirror seems to have lights and a cable plugged into it. Is this a sign that the HR-V (EX, EX-L) might have Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning?
These features are indeed available on the HR-V, just not in the US. You have to buy a Canadian model to get those features. The canadian models also get dual zone a/c and a few other features that the US models don't get.:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts