Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by my local Honda dealer yesterday to check out a Fit in the EX trim level because I had some time to kill. They didn't have a MT on the lot, so I didn't do a test drive. Anyway, I noticed the moonroof on the Fit while I was there, but today while looking at HR-V / Vezel photos, it appears that even the highest trim levels don't have a moonroof as an option. This isn't a deal breaker for me, but I know some of the HR-Vs competition do have moonroofs. Do you think Honda will add a moonroof for the North American and European markets? I think of the HR-V as a nicer fit (the Vezel certainly is), and it seems strange to me that they would have moonroofs on the Fit, but not on the Vezel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Moonroofs aren't as popular in Japan. The top trim JDM Fit doesn't have a moonroof either, so I wouldn't worry because the Vezel doesn't have one. Considering the HR-V is being positioned between the Fit and CR-V I'm sure a moonroof will be available here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope so. If there isn't a moonroof on at least one of the trim levels i'd be both surprised and disappointed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope so. If there isn't a moonroof on at least one of the trim levels i'd be both surprised and disappointed.
This roof should be a market based thing. Apparently both japanese fit and vezel don't have the moonroof. It seems for Japanese people, moonroof is not that attractive.. Meanwhile in China, honda put PANORAMA ROOF on the last generation fit! And it seems Chinese Vezel will have panorama roof as well.. check this:
http://www.pcauto.com.cn/beijing/425/4256399.html

Our fit have the moonroof, most likely our HRV will have one as well.

·
Registered
741 Posts
although it may not even happen, it would be cool to have a panoramic roof in this. If acura goes into a small segment like this i hope panoramic roof is something they look into.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think its a given the NA market will get a moonroof, but the question is how will we get it. What I mean is will it be bundled into a stupid package? We walked on a Subaru Outback now so long ago because all the options we wanted were buried in packages, bundled with stuff we just had no need for...

Really hope its not one of those deals with Honda...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think its a given the NA market will get a moonroof, but the question is how will we get it. What I mean is will it be bundled into a stupid package? We walked on a Subaru Outback now so long ago because all the options we wanted were buried in packages, bundled with stuff we just had no need for...

Really hope its not one of those deals with Honda...
My guess is that Honda will treat the HR-V just like any other model, there will an LX an EX, an and EX-L and then an EX-L with Navi. There may be a Sport or Touring versions as well but that would be much more speculative. I would think, like other models, the HR-V would include the moonroof with the EX version

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think that there will be packages, just like there normally is, but I also think that the moonroof might be offered as a completely independent option that you can get regardless of package. Not sure if I am saying that more because that is what I want or because that is what I think will actually happen. :p

·
Registered
547 Posts
Visors for HR-V

Actually functional or merely eye candy?

Particularly curious about moonroof visor, but any real-world feedback on all types is appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have a before/after on my HR-V, but on my girlfriends CR-V it really did make a big difference in noise when the sunroof is open all the way. So I got it on my HR-V without question, as I keep the sunroof open as much as I can.

That said, it looks like they are using the same part number for the CR-V and HR-V, so it seems to cover more of the sunroof. I also noticed mine is a tad loose, whereas on the CR-V it doesn't budge. My dealer checked it out. It was installed properly so they are ordering a new one. Not sure if Honda supplied the wrong brackets, but it seems like a flaw that couldn't have been missed in testing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Accessories: Moonroof Visor

On my previous Honda, an '04 Civic, I installed a moonroof visor. It was tremendous because it helped me identify the vehicle in a parking lot.

Flash forward to my new HR-V and I noticed a lot of wind noise when driving with the moonroof open.

So, tah-dah. Got an OEM moonroof visor and it reduces the wind noise and glare! And bonus points for the ability to identify my HR-V a parking lot!

Easy to install; highly recommend.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts