Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bought my new HR-V the second weekend it was out and just love it....

With that said, the console design / instrument panel design brings a new challenge for a smartphone mount...

I had a 2012 Veloster before the HR-V and used a mount which I still have that came off the Passenger Seat Inner Rail made by RAM Mounts... It is great however the seat rail design on the HR-V poses a problem for this mount with out me having to do some major modifications...

Wanted to see if we could get posts going showing pictures of what everyone is using out there... of course with the HR-V being so new, companies like Proclips do not have solutions yet... but maybe a homemade one might be the ticket.... post away!!!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just set it in the slit storage area on the left side of the center console? Just wondering as I've never used a 'mount'.
I tend to change what I am listening to on my phone sometimes... I have a 40 minute work commute so I switch from Sirius XM app to Slacker and vice versa... Also, for navigation (I have the LX AWD), would be nice to see the screen of the phone facing me :D.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[FONT=&quot]Proclip has measured for mount, expect to have them available this month.

[FONT=&quot]But if someone has a great idea, I'd like to see it!
:)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Fantastic!!! I guess you could get the adjustable one if I wanted it immediately... checking on the measurement now.... ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does it mention the size of the measured clip for the HR-V where you got the picture from?
I contacted ProClip about available mounts for the HR-V. Customer service sent the photo and said their designer was in the showroom the first weekend to design a mount. They said they will send me an email notification when the mounts are available.

You can probably find more details about connecting your specific device on [FONT=&quot]www.proclipusa.com[/FONT].

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I contacted ProClip about available mounts for the HR-V. Customer service sent the photo and said their designer was in the showroom the first weekend to design a mount. They said they will send me an email notification when the mounts are available.

You can probably find more details about connecting your specific device on [FONT=&quot]www.proclipusa.com[/FONT].
cool thanks... I contacted them as well... said the same thing that it will be available "soon"... think I will wait for it since if I want to do it by piecing together the adjustable bracket... it would cost about $20 extra to do it that way as opposed to waiting... :crying:

·
Registered
142 Posts

I'm currently using one of those little sticky things that just sits on the dash and you lay your phone on it. It works fine, but I'm interested in this mount as another option. Please let us know when you hear something. Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Order placed for :

going to attach metal strip inside the phone case and be done with looking for a replacement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1 for the Kenu Airframe. It may not be the most stable or best solution, but I like that it's small, unobtrusive when not in-use, etc. In order to keep it from totally blocking the airflow, I mount it high-up on the driver's right-side vent and place the phone in the Airframe sitting a little high, too.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

Side note I also got some nice 3' black usb cables from Amazon Basics, short enough not to be a nuisance and the black color blends-in nicely with the black leather interior. Link below:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ordered Some Stuff... Follow Up Next Week

:nerd:

Hopefully with all the measuring I did I will have a Franken-mount that will work once all the parts are delivered...

Using some Proclip and RAM Mount items to come up with this solution... I will post pictures once received and hopefully (fingers crossed) installed...

I don't like having to add a magnetic or piece of metal to phone... nor something that can't take a wide variety of phone types as I am a phone geek and switch my phones on a regular basis... I also have an iphone 6 with my work so the mount I get has to be to work with that and whatever phone I have as well...

Basically tomorrow I should know mostly if it is going to work... but won't get all the parts need until thursday or friday

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So quick update for everyone. The largest adjustable console bracket by Proclips fits perfectly. I am using the non-rotating setup as my base which I then plan to put RAM mounts 1x2 1-inch ball mount, regular double socket arm and the x-grip. I previously had the x grip on a RAM seat rail mount in my previous car. It is by far the most versatile universal phone mount. Unfortunately I won't have the rest off these parts till later in the week. Pics too come and I will try to detail the install.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts