Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Red is speaking about himself, so I don't think he can really be wrong about that...

I think this will be appealing to younger folks. Mid-20s to mid 30s. Works well for small families.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure that Red is speaking about himself, so I don't think he can really be wrong about that...

I think this will be appealing to younger folks. Mid-20s to mid 30s. Works well for small families.
Families is the key term here. Mid-20-30's single individuals or no kids couples are not likely to choose HR-V. Single/No Kids you have more disposable income so you may be lured to something more upscale and your space concerns are negligible compared to a growing family.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You make it sound as though the man will buy it for his wife, as if the woman can't buy the car for herself.
Where in gods name is that indicated? Not sure if you're married but that's how a marriage works bud, things are done together. With my wife she approves the short list, I do the research and we decide together...

Maybe he will buy it for his wife? Good god imagine the injustice, is it also offensive when a man holds a door open for a women or offers her his seat on the subway? I said thank you to the girl who poured my coffee this morning, rude as it is I even smiled!

Don't be a feminazi.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think because of the small size and economy of the HR-V; it will appeal to vast demographics. From teenagers(18 and over) to small business owners. I think the retirement crowd will buy it for a runaround town vehicle depending on the engine. All want a perky engine with a lot of torque behind it! I just hoping Honda will either turbo the 1.5L or get the 2.0L engine as an option for the extra pickup.

Depending on how it is package and with what options; it could steal sales away from other upscale brands too. But I do not expect it to since Honda American has to guard Acura brand. LOL!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think because of the small size and economy of the HR-V; it will appeal to vast demographics. From teenagers(18 and over) to small business owners. I think the retirement crowd will buy it for a runaround town vehicle depending on the engine. All want a perky engine with a lot of torque behind it! I just hoping Honda will either turbo the 1.5L or get the 2.0L engine as an option for the extra pickup.

Depending on how it is package and with what options; it could steal sales away from other upscale brands too. But I do not expect it to since Honda American has to guard Acura brand. LOL!
I can see that happening.
It is indeed going to be a wide range of people.

T

·
0 Posts
Wide demographic appeal for the HR-V

I think this vehicle will have very wide appeal, from ages 20 to 70, because of very good gas mileage, attractive design, and the Honda reputation for reliability. I'm a 63 yr old single woman, and I want to replace my 1993 Honda Civic & 1987 Toyota Landcruiser with an HR-V, but ONLY if I can get one with a manual transmission. AWD would be great too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
it will appeal to a broad range of buyers .

in my case , our crv is a bit too big for our needs and the price slightly out of my comfort range .

if we can get into the awd hrv for around 375$ a month canadian (we enjoy leasing new every 4 years)it would be perfect price range .

my base crv lx awd is 419 / month canadian

·
Registered
807 Posts
I am a 70 year old single. The HR-V is appealing to me because it is easy to park, it should be safe on snow and ice, it is easy to get in and out of, it gives a good view of the road, and, hopefully, it would have Honda legendary reliability.
Yeaaa! That's it!
Stand up for those of us with severe youth defficiency syndrome ... although the Missus is in her early 50s :D

Perfect lil' runabout for the snowbound... regardless of personal mileage.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Yeaaa! That's it!
Stand up for those of us with severe youth defficiency syndrome ... although the Missus is in her early 50s :D

Perfect lil' runabout for the snowbound... regardless of personal mileage.
Your post reminded me of when I bought my 2004 Scion xB. It was designed for the youth demographic, but it was so practical many older people such as myself, (50 at the time) were snatching them up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mid 20's professional, getting engaged soon and looking to the HRV for its space and fuel economy. Since I drive a civic currently and need a little more space at this point in life, the HRV is perfect. Plus I see the HRV as a perfect starter family vehicle.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts