Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever wonder what happens to your HR-V if you flip it at 70?

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ever wonder what happens to your HR-V if you flip it at 70?
Forthose of you who don't have facebook:
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,234 Posts
R.I.P. (Rust In Peace) Harvey, you served your owner well!

The benefits of modern technology and R&D. And maybe a pinch of luck.....

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The HR-V recently performed poorly in side impact tests as the US is fairly unique in classing a pickup as a family mode of transport.

In the UK, and Western Europe, they are classed as a Commercial Vehicle, and I would really only expect to see them to and fro-ing from building sites. That's why Euro NCAP don't test against pickup rigs, as that type of RTI is very rare in Europe.

Due to their commercial classification in the UK, they are subject to different tax rules and, so if they are purchased as a private buy, there is normally some sort of tax avoidance going on. So, that type of owner is not looked upon in a favourable light, especially when it is being used on the school run.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The HR-V recently performed poorly in side impact tests as the US is fairly unique in classing a pickup as a family mode of transport.

In the UK, and Western Europe, they are classed as a Commercial Vehicle, and I would really only expect to see them to and fro-ing from building sites. That's why Euro NCAP don't test against pickup rigs, as that type of RTI is very rare in Europe.

Due to their commercial classification in the UK, they are subject to different tax rules and, so if they are purchased as a private buy, there is normally some sort of tax avoidance going on. So, that type of owner is not looked upon in a favourable light, especially when it is being used on the school run.
Yeah I am speaking from a US standpoint, there's just as many pickup trucks as other types of vehicles where I live so that stuff matters!

·
Registered
380 Posts

In the US, vans, trucks, SUVs, and crossovers make up 72% of all car sales. That's why the IIHS updated the side impact test to reflect this new reality where cars on the road tend to have higher ride height. Given that the fuel economy penalty between a crossover and a sedan really isn't all that big, I don't think this is going to change any time soon, even with rising gas prices. If anything, it's going to become even more extreme with all the (much heavier) crossover EVs that are coming out.

The 2nd gen HRV was always a bit compromised in the structural integrity department thanks to its Fit roots, and it shows in the side impact tests. Fortunately, the 3rd gen based on the global Civic/Accord platform should achieve much better crash test marks.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
@fiatlux The RoW/MkIII HR-V achieved worse scores than its predecessor during Euro NCAP testing (apart from the fitment of standard safety kit);

RoW/MkIII HR-V Euro NCAP **** Star

MkII HR-V Euro NCAP * Result

Euro NCAP appears to be more about forcing manufacturers to fit more safety kit as standard, rather than how a vehicle performs during an RTC. For me, knowing how a vehicle performs during such incidents is much more relevant as there will be times the safety gear either fails, cannot react in time, or has been disabled.

As an aside, is your Username after the band, or is it a California Uni thing?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
They made improvements to the 2019+ models. Too lazy to compare the 2.

Unless I have misread it, it states in that report there is no warning for rear seatbelts. I get this warning on my dash when I first set off, or when someone, normally my MiL, releases her seatbelt before the vehicle comes to a halt;

Font Rectangle Technology Electronic device Screenshot

·
Registered
380 Posts
They made improvements to the 2019+ models. Too lazy to compare the 2.

They did, but the updated version still got a Poor rating on the updated side impact test. There’s only so much they can do with the old platform. If you look at the pictures, it failed in pretty much the exact same way; B-pillar separation towards the bottom, leading to excessive cabin intrusion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts