Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Japan is loving the Vezel, ordering 4 months worth of forecasts in the first half month alone. So what do we think HR-V is going to do in the North American market?

Well the new plant built down in Mexico for the FIT and HR-V has an operating capacity of 200,000 units. More than 50% of capacity is expected to be dedicated to the HR-V according to chief engineer Yoshiharu Itai...

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's going to be a hit, im sure of that. It's basically a smaller and cheaper CRV and that alone will make it very attractive to many, it might even get some people to move away from considering a Civic, Fit, etc

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIT did 53,513 units last year and CRV did 303,904, so what, somewhere in between LOL ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove it in NYC (hillside honda) few days ago. I was waiting for long time for this car. I am disappointed with the horse power, it should have been at leat 170 HP no 141. To heavy for the engine!

·
Registered
389 Posts
While some may step up to the HR-V, or down from the CR-V, some will also go the opposite direction. There was a salesman post on here somewhere that said the HR-V was the best thing that ever happened to his Fit sales. Not sure I would move that direction (we love and own a 2015 Fit), but the customers intent can move either way.

I do think the HR-V will be a big hit for Honda, impacting sales (+ or -), of several of their models (the Odyssey and Pilot being the exception...).

·
Registered
547 Posts
Cannibalization of product is inevitable. Happens at Apple all the time. Tatses and technology are always in flux.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Don't expect this to take away from CRV at all as they are both different price points, different intentions, and 2 totally different demographics.

Seems the Civic will be the most impacted as continue to move away from cars and into crossovers. Stay Tuned...:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
I drove it in NYC (hillside honda) few days ago. I was waiting for long time for this car. I am disappointed with the horse power, it should have been at leat 170 HP no 141. To heavy for the engine!
I test drove it at Hillside as well. Didn't notice the torque issues in bumper to bumper traffic on the Van Wyck.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cannibalization of product is inevitable. Happens at Apple all the time. Tatses and technology are always in flux.
Yep. There's nothing wrong with a little cannibalization. Honda would rather have a customer buy an HR-V instead of a CR-V than have that customer buy a Crosstrek.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Looks like Honda has avoided any cannibalization...

http://wardsauto.com/north-america/one-third-early-hr-v-buyers-new-honda

“(We’ve been asked): Was this going to cannibalize it? Well, we sold exactly what we did with CR-V last year, which was well over 30,000 units, so no cannibalization there,” Mendel says of the bigger CUV’s 32,090 May deliveries.
While Mendel says the HR-V sold better than any other model in the segment, WardsAuto segmentation places the Subaru XV Crosstrek in the same Small CUV group as the HR-V. The Subaru was May’s best-selling small CUV, with 7,876 sales.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
June 2015 HRV Sales

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1240685

Honda

Honda trucks had a record month of June, gaining 18 percent. Honda's newest entry in the light truck market—the HR-V—continues to grab consumer attention, with sales topping 7,700 units in June, easily exceeding its stellar debut last month. The best-selling CR-V also enjoyed a record June and despite the strong consumer appetite for trucks, Honda's Accord and Civic continued strong sales while the Honda Fit scorched the sales charts yet again. Odyssey also gained ground in June.

• The best-selling CR-V posted record June sales, realizing a 8.5 percent increase on sales of 28,349 vehicles.
  • Overall light truck sales remain on a record pace with Odyssey posting a 6.5 percent increase in June with sales of 11,621, supporting the record sales of CR-V and strong start for HR-V while the all-new 2016 Pilot enters the market.
  • Sales of the versatile Fit jumped 26.3 percent, with 4,669 vehicles sold last month, part of the strong passenger car lineup that included combined sales of nearly 60,000 units for Civic and Accord.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sales were slightly slower - 15 days on lot in June vs 6 in May.

https://www.cars.com/articles/junes-fastest--and-slowest-selling-cars-1420680685995/

2016 Honda Pilot: 5 days
2016 Nissan Maxima: 6 days
2016 Ford Explorer: 9 days
2015 Subaru Outback: 11 days
2016 Acura RDX: 13 days
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport: 13 days
2015 Ford Flex: 13 days
2016 BMW X3: 14 days
2015 Chevrolet Colorado crew cab: 14 days
2015 Porsche Macan: 14 days
2015 Toyota Highlander: 14 days
2016 Honda HR-V: 15 days