Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Because we don't have much new to talk about I thought I would post this video for anyone interested in how the HR-V leather seats are made. Honestly, the video isn't all that interesting, but I figured someone might like to know. The title is in Portuguese, so I assume this is from the Brazil market and factory workshop.

I sort-of wish the workshop was in better condition :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm, not what I was expecting.
I cannot rly believe it that seats come from a place like this for any major motor company.
The look of the place kind of gives you a bad vibe, not that it would keep me away from buying a car, but somehow feels strange.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, not what I was expecting.
I cannot rly believe it that seats come from a place like this for any major motor company.
The look of the place kind of gives you a bad vibe, not that it would keep me away from buying a car, but somehow feels strange.
Keep in mind these are seats being made in Brazil for Brazilian market.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back breaking work

There is too much lifting and positioning by the worker. Imagine doing this all day. This is presumably a subcontractor to Honda. The video if authentic is quite revealing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There is too much lifting and positioning by the worker. Imagine doing this all day. This is presumably a subcontractor to Honda. The video if authentic is quite revealing.
Yep, it's a subcontractor (http://www.idealcouros.com.br/)

It's also possible that this is just a smaller shop and someone who bought a HR-V wants the seats upgraded to leather on their own??

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yep, it's a subcontractor (http://www.idealcouros.com.br/)

It's also possible that this is just a smaller shop and someone who bought a HR-V wants the seats upgraded to leather on their own??
That's quite possible. In some markets (I don't know about Brazil) the top model has leather only on the bolsters, with fabric in the mddle. I've seen posters in Malaysia and / or Indonesia discussing getting the seats recovered in all leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts