Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a comparison test overview between the HR-V vs. the Trax, CX-3, and Captur for the Australian market.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/...zda-cx3-v-renault-captur-20150401-1mbkvp.html

A couple of important notes from my perspective.

1) Australian reviewers have been harping against the HR-V for not offering AWD or a manual in Australia, but that's not a problem in many other HR-V markets as those features are offered elsewhere. I wonder if the Australian reviewers would like it more if they got the AWD and manual options.

2) I keep seeing the "flimsy" cargo cover coming into question, however, I think that it's brilliant to have a cover that folds up like a sun protector to store away easily. They keep saying you can't put anything on top of it, but isn't the point of the cover to....um....COVER things! It's not a shelf and was never intended to be so.

3) No surprise the CX-3 wins in their comparison, but in Australia it offers more and for a car reviewer I'm sure driving it around for a day it's more fun. But I think the HR-V is going to be the car you'd want to actually live with.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Interesting article; thanks for posting Dermochelys! They conclude that if you're looking for space and flexibility the HR-V wins... true for me.

Plus I just simply don't like Mazda's design language. Personal taste; just turns me right off.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Here's a comparison test overview between the HR-V vs. the Trax, CX-3, and Captur for the Australian market.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/...zda-cx3-v-renault-captur-20150401-1mbkvp.html

A couple of important notes from my perspective.

1) Australian reviewers have been harping against the HR-V for not offering AWD or a manual in Australia, but that's not a problem in many other HR-V markets as those features are offered elsewhere. I wonder if the Australian reviewers would like it more if they got the AWD and manual options.

2) I keep seeing the "flimsy" cargo cover coming into question, however, I think that it's brilliant to have a cover that folds up like a sun protector to store away easily. They keep saying you can't put anything on top of it, but isn't the point of the cover to....um....COVER things! It's not a shelf and was never intended to be so.

3) No surprise the CX-3 wins in their comparison, but in Australia it offers more and for a car reviewer I'm sure driving it around for a day it's more fun. But I think the HR-V is going to be the car you'd want to actually live with.
Interesting article. He does say it was a coin toss choosing between the HR-V and the CX-3 and both just as good in different ways.

I really appreciate you finding all these Aussie reviews.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts