Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The only news we've gotten is from Honda's Twitter account, which essentially says it's not coming to any existing vehicle, only to-be-released 2016s. (And even tho the HR-V is a 2016, it's still not included) It's ridiculous in my mind given the testing they did with the 2015 CR-V.

As to why? No real answer. Honda is switching to a new OS this year. So maybe the suits in Honda don't want to support the existing systems. Either way, it's frustrating.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I imagine there may be additional hardware requirements for cars using CarPlay. Perhaps the hardware isn't up to spec? Maybe a capacitive multi-touch screen is required, I don't think this feature is on our current one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm getting less and less patient with their Twitter account dismissing people in regards to CarPlay. (It happens at least a few times a day) But I'm not sure how to escalate it, or at least get a decent explanation. I'm wondering if there will be any CarPlay news out of WWDC next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I came across a thread on Apple's forum that included a 2015 CRV owner that was contacted by Honda as part of a test program for CarPlay. They mentioned they'd receive a USB stick with the firmware update.

That being said, I've also read current 2015 Honda owners were told by Honda that they would not be able to upgrade/update.

It would be great (and much appreciated) if any Honda reps here on forum could clarify if current HRV models will be eligible for the update.

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's more than simply a firmware update. The processor and RAM requirements are likely a step beyond the current HondaLink situation. We'll probably know more during App,e's WWDC keynote on 8 June as was mentioned above.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.