Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought a brand new 2020 HRV-EX At a Honda retailer and this started as soon as I drove it off the lot. This is the second time this has happened to me and Honda claimed they “fixed the issue” ($900 part).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a brand new 2020 HRV-EX At a Honda retailer and this started as soon as I drove it off the lot. This is the second time this has happened to me and Honda claimed they “fixed the issue” ($900 part).
Looks like a faulty 78100-THW-A11 "combination meter assembly" (aka "Gauge Control Module" or "instrument cluster") that retails for $1,536.58 plus labor to me. :)

Is this what the dealer replaced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: Went to the dealer today and I asked the Service manager what the name of the part was that they fixed (2 days after I bought my car) and he called it the “combination display module”. Got my rental car and also asked a service rep at what point should I consider the CA Lemon Law and make a claim and he told me (3 times same issue). I won’t be surprised I’m back at the dealer within a month or two with the same issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing, same year. It happened on and off a few times the first year and then the 2nd year happened about once a month, now it goes completely blank once a day during my commute. So far it comes back, but I feel like eventually its going to fail and now that its 2022 it probably isnt covered under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts