Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

The CVT was a known worry when I bought the 2018 CVT 2WD.

It now has a modest 36000 km without issues and without service, so it's still on the original factory fill CVT Fluid.

We have a thread on CVT failures, and I think it would be informative to know of the successes. How many miles without problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I lease 4 years at a time and generally only put on approx 12-15,000 kilometers a year so as long as the CVT lasts 4 years and 50,000 kilometers I'm good to go .

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you are leasing, aren’t you good anyway if CVT gives out during this period?
covered under warranty so yes ; hence my ''good to go'' remark .
4 years are up , lease the next one .

I have 5 months left in my 2016 crv lease . The oil dilutuion issue + monthly price to lease a base model lx awd being out of my budget has pushed me towards the HRV (which I've been scouting since they came on the scene) Love that it has the tried and true old civic 1.8 in it . I'm sad for those of you that have had the tranny problem though .

if its of any help - my 2016 CRV which also has a CVT hasnt given me any problems and I live in a harsh cold climate - approx 51,000 kilometers 3.5 years old mostly shortish city miles

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
f its of any help - my 2016 CRV which also has a CVT hasnt given me any problems and I live in a harsh cold climate - approx 51,000 kilometers 3.5 years old mostly shortish city miles
The Civic and CRV seem to have different CVTs. I haven't heard any major issues with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,584 Posts
I think the Civic HX. I wanted one for the high milage. But they stop making them around 2004. Those were low volume. Honda did not start mass production till around 2015 for different models? I have to look it up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
40K miles on my 2017 EX CVT with no problems. Changed out factory fluid at 30K miles. I had 125K miles on my 02 Insight with CVT and no problems at all. Just regular fluid changes at 30K miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts