Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard yesterday from the general manager of the local dealership I have worked with over the years they are on schedule for their first HRV delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Would be great to hear from others whether they have spotted any HRV locally or what they are hearing from their local dealership.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone heard from their local dealership on when they expect to have the HRV in stock?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I constantly hear "May". Whatever is coming into ports in the interim is being held there or being warehoused.

This from 4 of the top Honda dealers in the N.Y. tri-state area -- so basically 4 of the top Honda dealers in these here United States. Yes.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I constantly hear "May". Whatever is coming into ports in the interim is being held there or being warehoused.

This from 4 of the top Honda dealers in the N.Y. tri-state area -- so basically 4 of the top Honda dealers in these here United States. Yes.
Dealers are telling me that all of them will have 2 or 4 cars per dealer starting the third week of this month. Full shipments will begin in May.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems to slightly vary from one area to another. Keep us posted as you hear more and thanks for reporting in.:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cincinnati area - my dealer says they will have ex & lx last week of April. But no word yet on when they will have exl-awd

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Cincinnati area - my dealer says they will have ex & lx last week of April. But no word yet on when they will have exl-awd
It is my understanding that all dealers will get 2 to 4 now. You will get a full shipment in May of more types and levels.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Agreed on 2-4 units per dealer, but again they will likely be kept out of dealers' hands until embargo is lifted. So probably May, but late April if someone jumps the gun or Honda gets their act together in Mexico. ;)

The "Mexico issues" which keep popping up on the web are:

1. Shortage of skilled labor.
2. Parts being stolen en route to factory in Celaya.
3. Parts and/or entire vehicles being robbed from outbound carrier trains.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Agreed on 2-4 units per dealer, but again they will likely be kept out of dealers' hands until embargo is lifted. So probably May, but late April if someone jumps the gun or Honda gets their act together in Mexico. ;)

The "Mexico issues" which keep popping up on the web are:

1. Shortage of skilled labor.
2. Parts being stolen en route to factory in Celaya.
3. Parts and/or entire vehicles being robbed from outbound carrier trains.
too many reports
from dealers about a couple of cars being there the 20th or later to not be the case. Agree it will be May before we see any amount of cars. Would appreciate any recent links to labor issues. Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great. I might have to rethink this.

I worked for an automotive OEM supplier in the late 1980's that opened a plant in Mexico. It was a disaster then, but I hoped things had improved over a quarter century. I suppose not.

On a side note, the Car & Driver articles headline at first glance, would make one think the plant was near Albuquerque or something. Must have been the capitalization.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Oh that article. That is from October 2014.....not recent. I read it a couple of months after it was printed. Hard to believe that Honda wouldn't have straitened out most of that by now.

I am guessing here, but I wonder if the transport issue was fixed by using nearby ports to ship them here instead of the train system to the US border? There is an existing thread here somewhere talking about that.

Here is the thread and the translated article.....looks like this train route to the sea port is more secure.
http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-honda-hr-v-general-discussion/5554-shipments-us-have-started.html

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a couple more on the way to my dealership now! Our first four we get by the last week of April will be:
2WD LX cvt white w/grey
2WD LX cvt blue w/grey
2WD EX cvt white w/grey
2WD EXL w/NAV cvt black w/black

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have a couple more on the way to my dealership now! Our first four we get by the last week of April will be:
2WD LX cvt white w/grey
2WD LX cvt blue w/grey
2WD EX cvt white w/grey
2WD EXL w/NAV cvt black w/black
Cool!

Seem to be seeing more grey upholstery than black so far. I want black upholstery on my white , manual, LX. :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
too many reports
from dealers about a couple of cars being there the 20th or later to not be the case. Agree it will be May before we see any amount of cars. Would appreciate any recent links to labor issues. Thanks!
Oh that article. That is from October 2014.....not recent. I read it a couple of months after it was printed. Hard to believe that Honda wouldn't have straitened out most of that by now.

I am guessing here, but I wonder if the transport issue was fixed by using nearby ports to ship them here instead of the train system to the US border? There is an existing thread here somewhere talking about that.

Here is the thread and the translated article.....looks like this train route to the sea port is more secure.
http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/289-honda-hr-v-general-discussion/5554-shipments-us-have-started.html
That's a great deal of guessing. Anyway we'll know in, what, 29 days?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
There was only one guess in my last two posts.....and that one has facts behind it on the shipping on HOW they might have solved the shipping problem.

Note the article I linked stresses more secure shipping.

Appears most of us will be seeing cars (not full shipments) sooner than 29 days. :) You did say, "jumping the gun" is possible. Apparently that is going to be common for the few early cars across the country.

I asked the last dealer I talked to last about the "embargo". They have heard nothing about it. That is something Honda would have stressed to them very strongly if that were the case. Apparently that is for the press reviews .

Don't misunderstand....I am not convinced either about whether quality will be good coming out of this plant. I really hope it is good.

But I agree it won't be long either way and this post will only be a brief blip in our memories when we see these cars driving away from the dealership lots. :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well really depends on where you live. Some will see the HRV middle to late of the month. All depends on your dealership, their sales, and what they end up getting allocated. :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone have any dealership inventory updates or updates from your dealership. Shouldn't be long now for us serious buyers. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
Today I saw a local dealership showing 3 HR-V's on their webpage. I emailed them and the guy came back saying the figured they would be available "sometime later this month".

No other updates from my region :(

1 - 20 of 661 Posts
About this Discussion
660 Replies
86 Participants
Rodshowx
Honda HR-V Forum
The world's premier Honda HR-V forum discussing Honda’s Hi-Rider revolutionary vehicle.
Full Forum Listing