Honda HR-V Forum banner

HRV Dealership Inventory

191K views 660 replies 84 participants last post by  Rodshowx 
#1 ·
Heard yesterday from the general manager of the local dealership I have worked with over the years they are on schedule for their first HRV delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Would be great to hear from others whether they have spotted any HRV locally or what they are hearing from their local dealership.

#8 ·
Agreed on 2-4 units per dealer, but again they will likely be kept out of dealers' hands until embargo is lifted. So probably May, but late April if someone jumps the gun or Honda gets their act together in Mexico. ;)

The "Mexico issues" which keep popping up on the web are:

1. Shortage of skilled labor.
2. Parts being stolen en route to factory in Celaya.
3. Parts and/or entire vehicles being robbed from outbound carrier trains.

#9 ·
Agreed on 2-4 units per dealer, but again they will likely be kept out of dealers' hands until embargo is lifted. So probably May, but late April if someone jumps the gun or Honda gets their act together in Mexico. ;)

The "Mexico issues" which keep popping up on the web are:

1. Shortage of skilled labor.
2. Parts being stolen en route to factory in Celaya.
3. Parts and/or entire vehicles being robbed from outbound carrier trains.
too many reports
from dealers about a couple of cars being there the 20th or later to not be the case. Agree it will be May before we see any amount of cars. Would appreciate any recent links to labor issues. Thanks!

#11 ·
Great. I might have to rethink this.

I worked for an automotive OEM supplier in the late 1980's that opened a plant in Mexico. It was a disaster then, but I hoped things had improved over a quarter century. I suppose not.

On a side note, the Car & Driver articles headline at first glance, would make one think the plant was near Albuquerque or something. Must have been the capitalization.

#26 · (Edited)
Demo in Georgia

I was creeping on social media this morning and found that Gwinnett Place Honda in Duluth, GA got their demo model/training delivered 2 days ago. Also, according to the salesman's comments i crept on, it's pricing will be around $20-26K.

Instagram pics/comments:

https://instagram.com/p/1MBA-MChfl/?taken-by=dmillzmusiq[/url]

https://instagram.com/p/1MSLURpfXj/?taken-by=kristiangjessing

#27 · (Edited)
I was creeping on social media this morning and found that Gwinnett Place Honda in Duluth, GA got their demo model/training delivered 2 days ago. Also, according to the salesman's comments i crept on, it's pricing will be around $20-26K.

Instagram pics/comments:

https://instagram.com/p/1MBA-MChfl/?taken-by=dmillzmusiq[/url]

https://instagram.com/p/1MSLURpfXj/?taken-by=kristiangjessing
Gold Star for you. Nice work. Believe this is the first picture of the HRV on a N.A. dealers lot.

#32 ·
I hope that $20,000 is high, or maybe for a mid-level trim with CVT. Hope springs eternal. We'll know soon.

I'm guessing Honda marketing has done their research, and the sales price wasn't created by throwing darts at a board. Whatever it is, they strongly believe large numbers of buyers will pay it. They have the manufacturing capability to make boatloads of these things.

It's going to a fun competitive battle to watch. 2016 Honda HR-V vs 2016 Kia Soul AWD vs 2015 Jeep Renegade vs 2016 Mazda CX-3 vs 2015 Chevy Trax vs 2015 Nissan Juke vs 2015 Buick Encore vs a few others that I missed. The tall small box segment is getting crowded.

Nice to have all those choices.

#36 ·
The Jeep Renegade will likely sell very well. However, it is a totally different type of vehicle compared to the HRV. It offers true off road capability, but with that comes much lower gas mileage. Also, Jeep will likely be discounting the Renegade while the HRV will likely sell at MSRP for some time.

#48 ·
I guess this is a pathetic indication of how HRV information starved I am...

As a programmer, I can't help seeing if I can hack a URL. So I went to a few dealer inventory sites. I clicked on the CR-V, then I manually changed the "C" in the URL to "H", and hit enter, just to see what happened.

Some of the sites took me to the Fit inventory. Alas, I didn't find any HRVs.

#62 ·
Just remember, our dealership will have the best out the door pricing on the car because we don't preload it with accessories or add a ton of accessories to pad the profit. Not to mention we have the lowest tax rate in the valley.

Expect to see MSRP and higher prices on a new car, and some dealers even add $1,899+ Market adjustment fees

If I'm not getting the color you want, I can usually trade for it.

#56 ·
Received this today from another dealer.....Does confirm what others have said about holding back cars until after the official release and pricing.

"The first three HRV's scheduled to arrive are:

A 2WD EXL w/NAV model in Modern Steel Metallic with Black Leather Interior
and two 2WD EX models, both in Alabaster Silver with Gray cloth interiors

They should be here no later than the 5th of May. We are told that they are being held at the rail yards until the On Sale and Pricing Announcement from Honda is Released.

I will let you know when they arrive."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.