Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious who has left a deposit at this point with their dealership? I was talking with my dealer this morning and he was telling me he already has 9 deposits.

Two of them are from two different people willing to pay $1,000 above MSRP as they want the vehicle first before all of the demand rolls in. Speaking of demand, he did say they have be inundated with inquires since the Embargo Date was lifted with a combination of people ready to test drive it and others ready to buy it this weekend.

Yes we know there are a handful or so on this forum who make up most of the daily activity and have lost interest or postponed their purchase, but again, this is not an accurate depiction of the general public. ;) Heck, come back 6 months from now and they will probably still be talking about it. If you like it, buy it, otherwise, move onto something else and hopefully you can be happy.:laugh:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Curious who has left a deposit at this point with their dealership? I was talking with my dealer this morning and he was telling me he already has 9 deposits.

Two of them are from two different people willing to pay $1,000 above MSRP as they want the vehicle first before all of the demand rolls in. Speaking of demand, he did say they have be inundated with inquires since the Embargo Date was lifted with a combination of people ready to test drive it and others ready to buy it this weekend.

Yes we know there are a handful or so on this forum who make up most of the daily activity and have lost interest or postponed their purchase, but again, this is not an accurate depiction of the general public. ;) Heck, come back 6 months from now and they will probably still be talking about it. If you like it, buy it, otherwise, move onto something else and hopefully you can be happy.:laugh:
I would question the judgement of anyone willing to pay $1,000 over MSRP. Imagine your initial depreciation percentage in that scenario.

If demand is so high on day #1 , that they are expecting people to pay over MSRP, I would wait 6 months and save some serious money. After all, an automobile is already nothing but an expense. Why add to that fact with unnecessary profit to the dealer.

Fact of the matter is, if everyone simply stayed home week #1 , and let the dealers sweat a little, you might save some serious money.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with you there, but some obviously willing to do it.

I would question the judgement of anyone willing to pay $1,000 over MSRP. Imagine your initial depreciation percentage in that scenario.

If demand is so high on day #1 , that they are expecting people to pay over MSRP, I would wait 6 months and save some serious money. After all, an automobile is already nothing but an expense. Why add to that fact with unnecessary profit to the dealer.

Fact of the matter is, if everyone simply stayed home week #1 , and let the dealers sweat a little, you might save some serious money.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lol

I'm not going to criticize anybody's decision making on a purchase. Everybody has their reasons for either buying right away or waiting, and they are all legit. Personally, I want one right away, because I've driven Hondas all my life and have been waiting quite some time for them to produce this type of car, a perfect crossover between the SUV build and the gas mileage of a compact car. I trust Hondas. I am comfortable with them. And this is the type of car I want.

HOWEVER, I'm set on the price I will pay for this: MSRP (or less). Anything over, I will wait until it goes down to MSRP. Period. If that means they will give it away to people paying $1000 over and I have to wait several months while dealers lolligag, so be it. I've said it before in this forum - I don't negotiate. I treat this experience as I would treat shopping for any item in Target. I go in knowing what I want, and how much it is. I get it, pay that amount, and leave. If they don't have it or have it at that price, then I'll simply leave without it and wait until it is available at that price. It's that easy.

Speaking of this forum, addressing the other thing the OP talked about, one thing that I've noticed about product forums like this one is that they are usually very active leading up to the release, but once people start getting the item, you'll see a major dropoff in participation. Some do stick around and some will come later, but the talk in the forum even then is much different. I'm usually in the first category, and this will likely be the same - once I get my hands on the LX, I'll announce it here, then you'll probably never hear from me again lol.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep mind some people are also in a situation of replacing their old vehicle and do not have the option of waiting until Fall. ;)
If after buying, there are those that don't really want to drive it as its intended, but just keep talking about it....I will leave that up to the monthly sales report to speak for itself.
New car fever. A few people on this forum have it. Heck, I've had it (Miata, RX7).

New car fever disables most of your cognitive functions, but especially those involving judgement.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great minds think a like.;)

And I like the pattern. :D

I put down a $500 deposit on a HRV EX 6MT in Modern Steel Metallic. When I put my deposit down I stated I would not pay over MSRP.

Currently drive a '10 Fit Sport 5MT, before that '05 Civic EX 5MT, '02 Civic EX 5MT, '95 Civic EX 5MT.. you see the trend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keep mind some people are also in a situation of replacing their old vehicle and do not have the option of waiting until Fall.
And some dealers are probably in the position too of stretching the truth just a bit.

Oh you are ready to put a deposit down? I have a couple of people doing this ... Hint, hint - you should do more to beat them. This is like an auction right?

Funny - I bet the first guy at the dealership who put down $500 didn't know a couple of guys later could trump his deposit for a better position. And just wait until the next guys puts down $1,500. Nothing like building good will with your community. I hope they all show up at the same time and expect the same vehicle sitting there. Good luck mr dealer explaining that one.

Oh wait - maybe he has access to more than we realized and all 4 guys walk away thinking they were first ... And then a guy who never made deposit shows up and gets one too.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wow, sounds like a disgruntled dealership...sure hope you don't work there.

Or they can watch this a couple of times so the haters don't hate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

And some dealers are probably in the position too of stretching the truth just a bit.

Oh you are ready to put a deposit down? I have a couple of people doing this ... Hint, hint - you should do more to beat them. This is like an auction right?

Funny - I bet the first guy at the dealership who put down $500 didn't know a couple of guys later could trump his deposit for a better position. And just wait until the next guys puts down $1,500. Nothing like building good will with your community. I hope they all show up at the same time and expect the same vehicle sitting there. Good luck mr dealer explaining that one.

Oh wait - maybe he has access to more than we realized and all 4 guys walk away thinking they were first ... And then a guy who never made deposit shows up and gets one too.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sounds like a personal problem. LOL. Same reason some guys go buy a big SUV or pickup truck to compensate. :-(

Back on topic thought....Did they give you a date? This Friday?

I put down a $500 deposit on a HRV EX 6MT in Modern Steel Metallic. When I put my deposit we agreed I would not pay over MSRP.

Currently drive a '10 Fit Sport 5MT, before that '05 Civic EX 5MT, '02 Civic EX 5MT, '95 Civic EX 5MT.. you see the trend.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I come to a forum like this for a stimulating exchange of ideas on a topic that interests me, and not for a macho online game of "Who's man enough to buy NOW and who are the waiting wimps??".

People come here to share ideas and opinions in respectful dialogue, with interest that may wax and wane over time and plans and personal priorites that are wonderfully diverse and changable. It's a mystery to me why that should be such an irritant to someone that they're compelled to take constant belittling jabs at other posters.

How about we focus on the HR-V and associated topics, and respect each other's opinions, process, and decisions.

Cheers... Perry.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agree! ;). No need for personal comments into others. Granted there will be those that take a negative tone on the subject here at hand trying to pull down all of us soon to be excited HRV owners. As they say unfortunately, "Haters Gonna Hate"

Happy Thoughts to all, not much longer now. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
New car fever. A few people on this forum have it. Heck, I've had it (Miata, RX7).

New car fever disables most of your cognitive functions, but especially those involving judgement.
I had a few RX7's back in the day.. Then a few Honda's. Currently have a CRV, and...... and older RX8! I still have to be sold on the HRV. If it looks like the Juke, forget it.. and if the quality doesn't seem up to Honda standards - I'll probably just get another CRV.. I am looking for something "a little" smaller though..

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Agree! ;). No need for personal comments into others. Granted there will be those that take a negative tone on the subject here at hand trying to pull down all of us soon to be excited HRV owners. As they say unfortunately, "Haters Gonna Hate"

Happy Thoughts to all, not much longer now. :)
Is there a "jaw drop" emoticon on this forum?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like a personal problem. LOL. Same reason some guys go buy a big SUV or pickup truck to compensate. :-(

Back on topic thought....Did they give you a date? This Friday?
when I put my deposit down in late March they told me they hope to get me my car between mid May and Late June. Hoping thats still the case. I think the grey EX 6MT might take a little while to find, so I don't expect they'll have it by this friday-though it would be freakin' awesome if they did!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
when I put my deposit down in late March they told me they hope to get me my car between mid May and Late June. Hoping thats still the case. I think the grey EX 6MT might take a little while to find, so I don't expect they'll have it by this friday-though it would be freakin' awesome if they did!

Leaf,
There have been a few MT cars in the lists that I have gotten from dealers, so you never know.
:)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have you checked with the dealership this week?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts